Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there were nothing in the tactics section geared towards foot horde guard armies. So, I might do one. Is there anyone with advice/information to help me, this being my tactica.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Recipe for a competitive Foot IG build

Ingredients...

Straken (or Creed).
Power weapons on sergeants and commissars.
Blob squads of about 30 with one commissar and one vox per blob.
Cheap special and heavy weapons (autocannons/GLs)
Suicide melta units (PCS in chimera)
Objective grabbers (Alrahem)

Instructions...

With Straken put autocannons in the blob squads and use bring it doen to take out transports, FRFSRF to take out infantry, wait for them to charge and use counter attack.

With Creed put meltas in the squads, advance them right up the table, they can stand to be further away than with Straken due to his order range.

Alrahem will get your footsloggers onto the other side of the board easily, take an astropath to make sure they end up on the right side though.

In any case bake well for 30 mins and serve.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I agree with ItsPug and seen as you get your mobility from including Creed and Al'Rahem I would also suggest taking Harker if you have points available, as his abilities also aid mobility..stick him on a unit of Vets with GL's and Demolitions and you have a decent AT unit.

Marbo being able to appear anywhere on the board also gives you some speed.

Add some wargear that boosts your Leadership and Morale stats as well so your Infantry doesn't run away. Commissars help with this as do Creed/Straken, but the Regimental Standard could be handy also.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ive just started guard myself so i would be interested in an infantry tactica even though im planing to do a mostly mech traitor guard list. Somthing about spiky tanks squishing people got me into it I think. Anyway I dont have much to contribute to a tactica yet but id be honored to borrow some of your wisdom, please make one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, yes. I would like to add that I am interested in making the tactica because I play foot horde Guard. As to the tray, that would bunch the models up and make them more vulnerable to blasts.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
On one occasion I was surprised by Al'Rahem and his lads who suddenly came up from nowhere then started shooting with Heavy weapons. That was fucking amazing, so you might want to explore that idea.

Another thing would be to use PFs instead of PWs, since you're hitting after everyone else already ('cept for Plague Marines and other Guardsmen) and you really need to make those attacks count, so wounding on fives isn't an option I think.

I haven't really played much against footguard, only mechguard so this is all the advice I can give you. I hope it helped somewhat. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is an interesting thread, I have been for a long time wanted to do a zombie/nazi zombie imperial guard list, find a way to arm them with ccw (can you even do that with guard??) hopefully conscripts and arm the with powerfists and melta guns and just charge them forward!!

Nice grisly conversions too :)

Because of the sheer number of models, do you reckon it could work??

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
This is an interesting thread, I have been for a long time wanted to do a zombie/nazi zombie imperial guard list, find a way to arm them with ccw (can you even do that with guard??) hopefully conscripts and arm the with powerfists and melta guns and just charge them forward!!

Nice grisly conversions too :)

Because of the sheer number of models, do you reckon it could work??
Only a few models can have 2ccw in the whole IG list, and they're mostly in Command Squads, the Veterans accompanying an Officer.

And if that's your plan, you'll definitely want to take Straken :p

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Explain this situation more please, because it sounds like you got cheated.
How did they 'come out of nowhere'?
That's probably due to the fact some people believe that Al'rahem's special order "Like the Wind" allows you to move onto the board, outflanking, then shoot heavy weapons and then move a d6".

It just says the unit makes a shooting attack then move a d6", as this is just a regular shooting attack, just like any other in the shooting phase, you can not fire heavy weapons because you had to move onto the board.

I've had to set people striaght on this misinterpration on here & on other forums, I don't know why it keeps coming back up but I guess some rules questions never really go away.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
That's probably due to the fact some people believe that Al'rahem's special order "Like the Wind" allows you to move onto the board, outflanking, then shoot heavy weapons and then move a d6".

It just says the unit makes a shooting attack then move a d6", as this is just a regular shooting attack, just like any other in the shooting phase, you can not fire heavy weapons because you had to move onto the board.

I've had to set people striaght on this misinterpration on here & on other forums, I don't know why it keeps coming back up but I guess some rules questions never really go away.
That's um.
That's utterly retarded.
I can't really believe that someone can accidentally interpret it so horribly wrong, I don't think I can believe that they aren't just cheating.

How can they MOVE and then fire their weapons? That's ridiculous.

That order allows you to fire Heavy weapons and then run, but move and then shoot them. Not even nearly.

Whut?
I mean really, WHUT?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts