Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, so i'm going through about the fifth round of revision on the fluff for my diy space marine chapter, and i've hit a conundrum. i've got them paired with an early-founding cadian guard regiment.

so the question is, when (in relation to the horus heresy) were the cadian regiments founded? the codex itself is vague at best on the subject, and i haven't really been able to find any good information elsewhere...

basically, i'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense for my marines to be garrisoned with a cadian regiment prior to the heresy. it's sort of a minor detail, but i just can't let myself let it go....:biggrin:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well Cadians defend the cadian gate, the cadian gate is where the eye of terror is. This is the only place where large chaos forces can emerge from reliably. Such that most chaos attacks of large side come from the gate.

Unsure is there is much fluff about the eye of terror before the herasey but it must have existed as that is where the primarches fled, unsure how active the forces of chaos where as during the days of the emperor little mention is made of chaos.

·
Registered
505 Posts
According to wikipedia, Cadia was settled by humans in the early 32nd millennium. The Horus Heresy took place in the early 31st millennium, about 1000 years before Cadia was settled (the regiments were probably founded at least a few years after that).

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
The Eye was created at the Fall of The Eldar, before humans even knew what a human was. Cadia was (as per Silb) settled in M32, to guard the EoT from Chaos incursions. The first regiments were created shortly thereafter.

-Dirge

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right, thanks all!! i shall be incorporating this info into my chapter's fluff....looks like they'll be joined by a guard regiment as reinforcements/accidentally stumbled upon or somesuch around, oh, let's say M33.....

thanks much :biggrin:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep, all that info's well and good. Have a nice time with your newfound guard allies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts