Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be smart to run a squad that is made up of a Primaris Psyker and Ministorum Priests with Eviscerators? I know it would be incredibly point heavy, but would it be as successful as I think? (Maybe if i run them in a mob of vets or conscripts for meat shields...)

·
Registered
339 Posts
God no!!! Any CC unit in guard needs to be counter attack so use Ogryns (with a Lord Commissar), Straken HQ with a priest attached, or whack a commissar and a priest in a blob of 30 and if anyone gets too close then charge em. I run a 30 man 3 autocannon squad like that. Often you see termies or assault troops dropping in ready to charge so i charge them with 34 attacks not including the priest or commissar. Rerolling hits because of the priest and stubborn because of he comissar. 3 powerfists for the sergeants and Straken within 6" of the squad providing furious charge can be pretty messy!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
what you want is a company comand squad with: straken, nork deddog, a priest, colour sgt kell, company standard and the remaining guardsmen using laspistol/ccw

very expensive, but total up what you get to inflict on the charge, im yet to run this, but the earth will shudder when i do! :p

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
what you want is a company comand squad with: straken, nork deddog, a priest, colour sgt kell, company standard and the remaining guardsmen using laspistol/ccw

very expensive, but total up what you get to inflict on the charge, im yet to run this, but the earth will shudder when i do! :p
No, really, no.
Kell is completely unnecessary here; Nork with Straken is not a terrible idea (he does't gain the Furious Charge benefit from Straken though, so it's wasint stuff), but Kell is just a ridiculous waste of points.
Kell is used to buff an order-based Commander, and that's basically all you would take him for; so you'd usually take him with Kreed.

If you want that nasty melee unit, Straken in a unit with 2 Bodyguards, one guy with a Heavy Flamer, one with a Medpack and 2CCW, and the other two with either Meltas or 2CCW; and then chuck a Priest in.
Done, that's your 'melee rape unit'.

Although frankly you'd probably be better off just taking Rough Riders.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm an IG fan and I've just got to say stick to the guns to overwhelm your enemy. Using the IG for assault is like using orks for shooting. I guess you could do it but why?

Until GW fixes ogryns, the only real assault unit for the IG, I wouldn't waste the time or points on them. By fixing them I mean boosting their armor save, initiative, giving them access to power weapons/fists, and for the love of hell, let them gain melée bonuses from units like the priest!!! Or leave them as they are and reduce the points cost!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
No, really, no.
Kell is completely unnecessary here; Nork with Straken is not a terrible idea (he does't gain the Furious Charge benefit from Straken though, so it's wasint stuff), but Kell is just a ridiculous waste of points.
Kell is used to buff an order-based Commander, and that's basically all you would take him for; so you'd usually take him with Kreed.

If you want that nasty melee unit, Straken in a unit with 2 Bodyguards, one guy with a Heavy Flamer, one with a Medpack and 2CCW, and the other two with either Meltas or 2CCW; and then chuck a Priest in.
Done, that's your 'melee rape unit'.

Although frankly you'd probably be better off just taking Rough Riders.
kell is a powerfist and plasma pistol on the charge dude.
i forgot to say one is a medic haha
and really, that squad is for fun, not efficiancy.

where does it say nork wont benifit from straken's furious charge and counter assault?

·
Registered
460 Posts
kell is a powerfist and plasma pistol on the charge dude.
i forgot to say one is a medic haha
and really, that squad is for fun, not efficiancy.

where does it say nork wont benifit from straken's furious charge and counter assault?
He only says furious charge, which is correct because Nork already has that special rule and thus cannot receive it again.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
lol, i completely missed that nork already has fc XD

and yeah, i only found out he has a pf after looking at the model and thinking 'that hand seems suspiciously large...'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts