Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Looks alright, just a couple of suggestions -

The HB's on the Valkyries...seen as you'll need to move slower to shoot them they aren't always that effective or worth the points spent on them. They are actually better on the Vendettas for that reason.

Spending 4x the points for a HF over a standard Flamer isn't worth it in most instances.

Astropaths in the list would give you access to a more diverse range of Tactics for the Valks/Vendi's...choosing the Board edge etc.

I won't bring up the subject of using Vets over ST's...I find that to be a personal preference issue.

Best of luck with it...Air Cav do look sweet on the board.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
I'm just wondering what benefit the Lascannons will be on the Valkyries, because with the MRP's (which is the best choice) been AI what are you gaining by taking a single shot AT weapon, plus it's 15 pts saved over the Multi-laser.

Also, watch out for the OoTF because that can come back to bite you hard late-game if all his Reserves turn up at once. Air - Cav is an alpha-strike list and either wins big or dies horribly depending on how well that goes, and a smart opponent will just reserve everything at the start, which means you will need to play the game differently to how you thought.

Anyway, just throwing some thoughts out there:eek:k:

· Registered
3,406 Posts
I would play test before changing much else.
I commented earlier about using Vets and/or ST's, and it's definitely a personal choice thing. I've seen lists that use Vets and CCS's only and ones where if they have ST's they are only 5 - Men w/ 2 Meltas. Reason been that they are basically used as suicidal high priority AT units, but they do save points. Then again what are they spending those points on. I've seen 1500 pt lists with
2 CCS w/ SW's
4 Vets w/ SW's
6 Valks/Vends (3 x 2 squadrons)
that's using all 6 as transports, so no Ground Forces like you have, but I like that you have other elements, and if you end up building larger point lists I wouldn't take 3 per squadron beccause it would be too unwieldly, too expensive points-wise, and too easily destroyed because of the way 'squadroning' works...more Ground Forces would be cool though. Or if you play Apoc adding some of the FW Flyers would be fantastic.

All the best with it:victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.