Plooton pts : 655

Plooton command squad
pts 30

(4x) Guardsmen squad
pts 200

(x5) Heavy wep. SQUAD (HWS)
3 lass-cannons

TOTAL : 1755

ok so lass-HWS shoot tanks, while chimaras rush up and unload melta-plasma vets whot take your obj. (guardsmen squads bubble wrap HWS from shooting) lastly, the CCS gives orders to HWS to inprove relibalty. also, in non objtive based games the chimaras give 1) mobile fire support or 2) a gunline fire-base
-tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they got a chimara.... but do you mean LRBT?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know what you mean... olny AV 12. anyways any C+C?

·
Registered
261 Posts
First off I notice your list is 1755pts... You can't do that and call it a GT list.:grin: You'll have to scrape those 5pts off.

-Veterans; they're good. Most people will agree on that. I don't like mixing special weapons (sw's) because you lose effectiveness. The plasmaguns can stay at 24" and shoot/kill stuff. The meltaguns are most often used against armour and should be within 6" for optimum effectiveness. I'd go with 3 melta units and 2 plasma units. Just pick the right targets for the right unit and let 'em have it.
You take carapace armour... it's so bloody expensive and you're already driving in a chimera. A 150pts in carapace will buy you a leman russ or a vendetta. (O save some more and get a Manticore.) Personally I feel that the 4+ won't save you. If you get shot out of the chimera you usually get shot or assaulted to death.

-CCS; I understand your thinking with the orders, but it's a real shame you're not using those BS4 vets. But ordering the LC's is a smart thing.

-Platoon; it's a decent choice, but i'd give it something to add to it's usefullness. 4 meltaguns to deter armour. 4 flamers against hordes. Powerweapons and a commissar to make sure you can stay put and do damage in CC. A pcs with 4 flamers is a nice cheap counter assault unit.

-HWS; 15 lascannons is a lot and you back them up with close range meltaguns and CCS orders. With low LD and T3 you could loose a lot of firepower quickly to enemy ordnance/S6 up firepower.

Your list is a far stretch from my comfort zone (mech guard with vendettas and leman russes) so I can't really say if this list is really good. You're vunerable to assault armies that will keep you in CC and avoid getting shot at.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
HQ: 50

company command squad
pts: 50
Yes this unit can just be used as an 'Orders' provider, but you're really under-utilising them by not using their BS4. I would either -

-give them a HW (BS4 on a single Lascannon works and meshes with the HWS).

- keep them safe while issuing those Orders by taking a Mortar HW, an MoO, Vox...keep them in cover because they don't need LoS.

- go the whole hog and give them 4 Melta or Plasma in a Chimera..add to your AV12 count (which is too low...see below)

Troops: 1705

(5x) Vet. squad
2 meltas
plasma gun
chimara
Carspace armor
pts 950
As already pointed out never mix SW's within the same Squad as it's very inefficient and won't reliably cause enough damage. Drop the Doctrines as it's just not worth it on Vets that are already in Chimeras (only on a CCS with Plasma/Advisors), PLUS the points are far better spent on items that actually kill the enemy.

Plooton pts : 655

Plooton command squad
pts 30
Give this 4 Flamers and a Chimera..quick - reaction unit that totally negates their poor BS.

(4x) Guardsmen squad
pts 200
You're using these guys to protect your HWS's which is fine, I bubblewrap as well (just not HWS's). I give them something useful to do as well though, so some more HW's is a good idea - more firepower hitting your enemy. That said, Assault weapons in some of them would also be a good idea because you should make these guys mobile so they can eventually march up the Board and contest/hold Objectives..see below for why.

(x5) Heavy wep. SQUAD (HWS)
3 lass-cannons
Tons of firepower for sure, but fragile as hell..a couple of Multi-laser shots alone can mess these guys up. Someone with longer ranged weapons than you (say a Manticore) will make short work of these.

TOTAL : 1755

ok so lass-HWS shoot tanks, while chimaras rush up and unload melta-plasma vets whot take your obj. (guardsmen squads bubble wrap HWS from shooting) lastly, the CCS gives orders to HWS to inprove relibalty. also, in non objtive based games the chimaras give 1) mobile fire support or 2) a gunline fire-base
-tom
Looks to be a good plan, but I wouldn't hold much stock in the Vets surviving to take and hold objectives. Us Mechies might carry on about how great ChimVets are but for the most part they are quasi-suicidal Units tht usually die for the cause, just hopefully after dishing out a lot of pain (which they do).

By dropping the Doctrines you can easily add the 2 Chimeras and make the CCS more effective.

Best of luck with it all:victory:

i know what you mean... olny AV 12. anyways any C+C?
All AV 12 can work but you need a high number of them..they work by overloading your opponent's ability to destroy them all, and currently you only have 5. Even with the extra 2 (if you take them of course) that's not a whole lot. To truly make AV12 spam work all your Infantry would need to be mounted, and I've seen/faced 12 to 20 Chimeras in 1.5K to 2K.

I'm not suggesting you do that (hell, I have 12K of IG and only have 9 Chimeras), just passing on my experiences of it.

Cheers:grin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys i will post up a modified list
(o yhea i know that im 5 pts over)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts