Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IG fluff.
Heavy relgous overtones.
tech is warshipped
emperism is rampant, abor the psker.
tolerate the xeno?

The 122 company of the imperial guard was dispatched to tend to worlds after the cleansing and re organization of worlds left by the black templar. Focusing on elimanating pocket resistance of remaning forces(after the real war is over via the black templar). As such they carry many elite troops combined with some forces of the rebuilt PDF force they are training(conscripts).
Over the 150 year period since being tasked to follow one of the black templare fleets the company has enjoyed a proud history and enjoyed great renown for there actions in rebuilding worlds.

However 5 years ago there ships got delayed in the warp, upon exiting the warp and they made planet fall. The world was once again under siege by the dispicable and cowardly forces of chaos.
The chaos ships vastly out numbered the meager forces of the imperial forces and would easily crush the few remaning IG strong holds and space ports. The only thing preventing chaos from taking these places was an ork waagh the decended upon the chaos forces as the warboss ??????? had been wanting to fight the beakies for some time. The diminished population of the world had no choice but to fight along with the orks to defeat the forces of chaos. the orks cared little as they where from the bad moons tribe and use to trading with hummies. And the population of ????? had more weapons than people to use them so supplied the ork warboss ?????? with all the dakka they could.
Company 122 who could not bring themselves to destroy a people fighting for there existance joined into the fray agaist the chaos forces.

After 6 months of hard fighting company 122 was nearly wiped out and no match for the remaning Orks that seemed to multiply exponentially during the battle, Fearing for the population of ?????, commander ????? promiced the orks great fights to continue if they would simply follow company 122.

The Orks caring little for the pathetic fight the hummies woould put up agrreed to take up arms where company 122 lead. Using there astropaths company 122 would idetify worlds in need of cleansing and decend upon the world with the orks folloing behind. The oarks agreed to let hummies live as long as there was more fights to be had.

Such tatics quickly led to the ex-communication of the company and thus they are still hunted.

Many worlds now speek of the Orks that dive upon the foes of humanity only to leave there cities intact to the bewielderment of many commanders, there is also rumors these orks have humans supporting them, but know nothing more of the fallen company.

122 company has since doubled there divotion to the emperor with daily prayer and are often shouting the litanies during battles. Also without the continued support from mars any tech is valued and venerated.

For recruitment the often take a planets PDF whom they have saved and induct them in as forced conscripts, as few will willingly fight along side orks a commisionar is needed to encourage them to see the wisdom of fighting. Conscripts who live and supoort companies 122 unusall way of keeping the emperors worlds in the imperials hands make there way into the 122 company never to return home, never to be welcomed or praised by the imperium they so devoutly serve.

------------------
Basicly i like orks and i like IG, also give me a reason to fight space marines...i forget what tribe trades more than the others but seems a good fit...although the alliance between them is tentative.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In all honesty I find it very hard to believe that Imperial forces would ally the Orks under any length of time as prolonged as you suggest.
To me it seems more likely the Orks would just kill the 122nd and move on, the idea is hard enough to make work so if you want it believable you might want to refine it more,maybe give a better reason for the Ork warboss not just killing the humans there and then than the fact the human was willing to lead them to other fights.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
point taken don't really like it but you can see what i'm after...maybe if i just shorten it so they simply fight along side each other and the duration of time is less.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah I agree to be honest I don't think they Orcs would follow them but its a nice Idea=D perhaps you should ask dirge to right a piece on it lol he's offering to right fluff=]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Looked on the Games workshop website and found that Blood axes are the orks that trade with with humans and sometimes work as mercenaries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts