Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could make any weapon up for 40k, what would it be?

Mine would be a Shiva Nuclear Tipped Missile. Deployed once a game from a marauder bomber (check the Apoc book) it has a 10" strength D AP 1 blast template. Scatters 2d6. Kablam!

·
Registered
177 Posts
hmmmmm any weapon no matter how overpowered it would be?

well for an apoc game it would be nice to give nurgle some sort of disease weapon tht spreads through the ranks of enemies within like 6 inches of the target and can spread around like a vortex grenade. baisically you roll a dice for the whole squad and if there are any 2s or 1s then the model dies 3s 4s 5s the model is in agony and cannot do anything for the rest of the turn and a 6 the model goes into a beserk fury and starts attack his own men and counts as an independent character for the rest of the game which either side gets to control

to determine the controller of the berserking tropper you roll a d6 a 1,3,5 is good side 2,3,6 is bad side

for khorne i'd bring back the old heavy close combat weapons for them 4+ armour save ftw

and probably a skull cannon of khorn which fires 6 d6 shots of explosive skules which can insta kill BARRR

·
Registered
811 Posts
for 40k standard, I'd love a hellfire template weapon,

everyone within the standard flamer template portion gets hit with st5 ap4, and everyone within the rest gets hit with st4 ap5.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I think I'd make a bolter chaingun... a standard boltgun fires four rounds per burst, and a storm bolter is essentially two bolters firing in unison. To be fair, a bolter is kind of overkill in most situations anyway when you stop and think about it, but what the hell... it'd be fun to have a bolter that fluff-wise fired a continuous stream of bolt shells-- the standard kind, as opposed to a heavy bolter. Something maybe a bit lighter, if that makes sense... a "light" heavy bolter, perhaps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Arent they master crafted Power fists? :p

Oh and i would make a Tank with Twin linked Auto cannon, (3 Each side), and a Demolisher coming out of the front :biggrin:
They're both. ^^ but the Grey Knights do have wrist mounted storm bolters.

For 40k, I'd like to see a vortex bolter. Dunno how they'd do it, but it would be cool. And as for real life, I'd either want a meltagun or a chainsword.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Massive tank with 14 armor on every side, every single IG, Chaos, and Marine weapon (lascannon, bolter, lasgun, meltagun, multi-melta, titan gun, vengeance missiles, etc.) and the ability to carry two 10-man terminator squads or 40 marines. Fluff-wise a tank like that would probably be an absolutely great birthday present for any lucky Obliterator.

If you're talking about real life I would like a force weapon and a psychic hood (exploding people with your mind is fun :biggrin:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
LOL i love how someone criticized another person for saying they wanted wrist mounted stormbolters as if they didnt already know that and was answering the question from the perspective of what if a 40k weapon were real.

but totally for real life the wrist mounted stormbolters or perhaps chainfist(chainsword+powerfist=bitchin'ness) ;)
and for 40k a light imperial cruiser with all strength D weapons.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts