Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'd settle just with Forge World armies being made tourney legal, but failing that the Adeptus Mechanicus would be my first pick for an entirely new book.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really like the space pirates/ mercenary ideas. It would give GW alot of flexibility with models they could almost make everyone happy by throwing models like squats who survived and some models for races that arnt represented now.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Codex: Matt Ward.
It contains just one unit - Matt Ward

cost - free
WS 10 BS 10 S 10 T 10 W 10 I 10 A 10* Ld 10** Sv ?***

*Ward gains a number of attacks equal to the sales of GWS that year in addition to his base 10 attacks
**Matt Ward never takes leadership, pinning or morale checks as he is unquestionable
***Ward has a 1++ Wardsave against all and any attacks

Wargear - fanboy mind: Ward is a psyker that causes all enemy units on the board to suffer a Ld check at Ld1. Any unit that fails is removed from play as it cannot grasp Ward's pure awesomeness.
The Mangler - this is Ward's personal fluff-fantasy book that counts as a power fist that strikes at normal initiative in combat due to its weight and retcon power.
Wardpistol - this is a S10 AP1 Assault 100 weapon with unlimited range that fires his awesome ideas into the minds of his enemies, liquifying their brains

Special rules:
Matt Ward - As Matt Ward is Matt Ward and therefore no one can contest his awesomeness or godliness, and army with Matt Ward on the battlefield wins the game automatically on a D6 roll of 1+
this army could still be beaten with space wolves. hit matt ward with x4 jaws and he just might go down, provided you get to go first. if you go second then....well...

here's a bunch of random ideas.

Codex: c'tan (modeled essentially after the vampire counts army as opposed the current tomb kings necrons)
Codex: chaos legions
Codex: Chaos renegade guard
Codex: mutant separatists (imagine non-chaos guard with mutations that are rebelling). This could essentially be beastmen in space.
Codex:space skaven (imagine that a huge incursion of these guys is happening now, and it turns out they are the mortal enemy of the tyranids and came from their galaxy. They have been mostly eradicated from the universe and have come to our galaxy to try to stop the tyranids from destroying this galaxy too. They are extremely sympathetic and want to help, but are unprepared for the harsh and xenophobic races of our galaxy).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Codex:space skaven (imagine that a huge incursion of these guys is happening now, and it turns out they are the mortal enemy of the tyranids and came from their galaxy. They have been mostly eradicated from the universe and have come to our galaxy to try to stop the tyranids from destroying this galaxy too. They are extremely sympathetic and want to help, but are unprepared for the harsh and xenophobic races of our galaxy).
Seconded.

·
Registered
185 Posts
the space rats were a chapter back in the day... the were called............ something special look it up on the warhammer wiki site.

Id like to see an army of the old robots that fought against mankind to start the dark ages... sort of reminds me of dune.

·
Registered
143 Posts
deffo a mecanicus codex/titan legion codex and a BRAND new one lizard men codex exept this time they PWN ASS even more!!!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think that Pre-Heresy armies should be somewhat available, The interex, megarachnids and the whatjimacallit guys in power armour from the first two horus heresy books to name a few.
Also maybe some kind of expansion on Necromunda type armies, with pit-slaves and gangers and stuff, maybe not from necromunda as they would melt in direct sunlight but some kind of rogue trader thing as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Maybe an energy based race that has stats something like:

WS 4 BS 3 S4 T2 I5 W1 but they all have a 2++ "energy shield"

Or maybe a race that has a standard infantry with perhaps armor saves of 4+ and 2 wounds?

·
Registered
70 Posts
*Jumps on the Adeptus Mechanicus bandwagon
*Jumps on the Rogue Traders bandwagon
*Jumps on the Unified Chaos bandwagon
*Jumps on the Extra Xeno race bandwagon
*Jumps on the Space-Skaven bandwagon
*Loves bandwagons

*Pulls out laspistol, shoots the driver of the Space-Skaven bandwagon in the head with a resounding "crack", and takes the wheel..... Then does the same for the Rogue Traders bandwagon...
*gets into piratical character for rogue traders bandwagon

RIGHT!! SINCE I NOW DRIVE THESE WAGONS, I'LL DAMNED WELL TAKE 'EM WHERE I LIKE!! AND THE FIRST STOP... IS A PROPER 40K NAME FOR THESE 'ERE RATMEN!! AYE?!!
AND SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR THEM THAR' ROGUE TRADER SPACE PIRATES!!

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
The adeptus mechanicus would be an awesome one haha. So another vote for that.

Also, if they do actually split chaos into a warband/pirate codex and a chaos legions codex I will be very pleased.

As for space skaven....nah. I think they need to stay in warhammer fantasy. Besides, the lizardmen are cooler than skaven.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Codex interex. The interex feature in horus rising and are kind of a blend between eldar and human with some xenos empire that they overthrew thrown in their aswell and have been at war with humanity since before the horus heresy and are more than capable of bitch slapping marines and there xenos allies are absolute tanks apparently. they are called something like the kinebract

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ork Freebootaz! A whole codex dedicated to pirate Orks with and many different varieties of looted enemy vehicles!

What? Why should Space Marines be the only ones to have a dozen chapter codexes?

·
Registered
703 Posts
By that logic Grax, I'd love to see the different hive fleets, chaos legions (I know, I know.. it's comming), Eldar Craftworlds, ect.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
You mean like 3rd and part of 4th edition?

There were tons of variants for basically all of the armies

Sure, the Marines had their half dozen or whatever books, but Chapter Approved added tons more options for the Marines and almost everyone else.

Tyranid Seeding Swarms, Feral Orks, Kroot Mercs, Chosen of Ahriman, Armored Companies, Swamp Warfare rules, Ork Klanz and much, much more.

We need to make a return to those times... it's the things like the new Eldar Corsairs army list that keep me at all interested in the hobby these days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know its been introduced before but I'd love to see another legion of the dammed book come out.

Or i was thinking of an addon to the black templar book. Add fanatics. Like religous crazy's have them wear no armor have a mace be like str 4 t3 and make em cheap as hell. If they were following off what they are modeled after the teutonic crusaders that would make them fully parallel.

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> I would like, and not even a codex, just a small pdf so that you could make a proper fucking Iron hands list, none o this "here ye go IH fans, have a Master of the Forge instead of a named character, that every other fucking codex chapter can take as well, how happy all IH players should be!!". I may be para-phrasing, but Im sure you get my jist.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts