Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, would you love to see some 6 inch, 8 inch Action Figures of Space Marines, Eldar, orks, ect? Would you love to have a Kharn the Betrayer beat down your own kids annoying power rangers for the Blood God!

I know I would :laugh:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
No... I figure my childishness should have a limit, and this would definitely be it.
Indeed. The line must be drawn at miniatures of space men. This far, no further.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Seriously, would you love to see some 6 inch, 8 inch Action Figures of Space Marines, Eldar, orks, ect? Would you love to have a Kharn the Betrayer beat down your own kids annoying power rangers for the Blood God!

I know I would :laugh:
A kharn figurine......... maybe. If the figurine came with a base that surrounded him with dead mutilated power ranger corpses then HELL YEAH!!! I WOULD BUY ONE!!! I can't stand the annoying bastards!:headbutt:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
NEW SWARMLORD! NOW WITH KUNG FU ACTION GRIP!

i doubt highly i would get one, since I buy 40k stuff to play with it, what can you do with a action figure?

on the other hand, if i could model it into a stature, say, pose it, fill the joints with super glue to hold it, then paint it like stone, then i could see my self geting one.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there was a Spawn-quality Kharn covered in blood I'd get one.
That was my thought, something of Mcfarlan Toy line quality to put on my mantles.... and beat my kids power rangers down with.

I have a kid, and yes, I do play with his toys with him when he asks me too. I just hate Power Rangers, or Dinosaurs, I do love the Godzilla's I got him though :grin:

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
That was my thought, something of Mcfarlan Toy line quality to put on my mantles.... and beat my kids power rangers down with.

I have a kid, and yes, I do play with his toys with him when he asks me too. I just hate Power Rangers, or Dinosaurs, I do love the Godzilla's I got him though :grin:
Haha, that's great. I like the idea that having a kid allows you to buy toys that you'd have no business purchasing as an adult, but you still totally get a kick out of them because they're awesome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would buy them for my nephews, just to annoy my sister in law who has an irrational hatred of this hobby but i am already winning that battle as on the last visit the quote from the eldest who is four was "Mummy can i have some toy soldiers like Uncle Ben's".

My brother is relying on me to lead the charge so he has an excuse to get back into the hobby to.

Couple more years and Warhammer Quest will start off another hopefully life long gamer.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Nope. Not only would I not buy action figures, it'd probably make me sell off everything GW related and get out completely.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Haha, that's great. I like the idea that having a kid allows you to buy toys that you'd have no business purchasing as an adult, but you still totally get a kick out of them because they're awesome.
There's a key to purchasing toy to when you don't have kids.

When standing in the toy isle if there's people watching pick up the toy. Then pull out your phone and check your text messages. Put that one down and pick up the one you want.

Or alternatively have someone whose in on it and call them, ask them questions so it sounds like you're trying to by it for a birthday or graduation or something.

Once you get to the check out say nothing unless questioned.

I used this method to buy a nerf vulcan.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Haha, you need no excuse to buy a Nerf gun. If it was a "Bob the Builder" tool set then I would be as stealthy as can be.

Couldn't larger action figures done in great detail be portrayed as pre-painted and assembled models for display purposes? Action figures aren't all children's toys.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
:laugh:

It's not that I'd be embarrassed to buy a toy like that, but I probably wouldn't get any use out of it. At least with a kid you can play with them. I wouldn't play with it on my own. Because, you know, I have the little army toys that I assemble and paint myself to worry about.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
There's a key to purchasing toy to when you don't have kids.

When standing in the toy isle if there's people watching pick up the toy. Then pull out your phone and check your text messages. Put that one down and pick up the one you want.

Or alternatively have someone whose in on it and call them, ask them questions so it sounds like you're trying to by it for a birthday or graduation or something.

Once you get to the check out say nothing unless questioned.

I used this method to buy a nerf vulcan.
I could have used this advice - I went completely the other way and ended up in a surprisingly-protracted conversation with the cashier about how my little brother Sam doesn't want to play with Buzz Lightyear anymore, but wants "violent things" instead. Sam doesn't exist, but the nerf gun does... he he.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Oh hell yeah I would buy some action figures but that is just because I collect action figures as well. Plus a ork action figure would be great.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Probably not*, but only due to selling off most of my action figures for space reasons. There's only so much of my house I can cover with geeky shit without driving my wife completely mental.

*if they were fully articulated and came with enough accessories i might be tempted...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts