Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its abit to big to think of properly, but could you imagine, if all the chaos legions formed under one banner and marched on terra once more.

That would mean all the remaing Daemon Primarchs, all the special characters.

Do you think the imperium would pull of another miracle and win or not ?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True haha.

But did all the Primarchs go last time, surely that would turn the tide.

Im sure magnus could pull somthing out his ass to zap everyone on the emporers doorstep haha.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I'm sure it would make for a great summer campaign, once the Eye of Terror manages to bypass Cadia. I have a feeling that the Spaced Nuggets would pull out the win, though... Don't be mess'n with the dead guy on his home turf, vato. :angry::ireful2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chaos would havan awfultime getting through cadia and when they finay got to terra they would be really week and would have to deal with the planets defences

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point never thought of that.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Cadia still stands.

Not entirely true. During the 13th Black Crusade, most of it fell to Abaddon's Legions. The Imperium is still fighting the Black Legion off the surface and off the surface of a dozen other worlds surrounding the Cadian System.

-Dirge

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Seconded, Horus. Thats the only thing stopping chaos is the Cadian Gate. If Cadia falls, chaos would have a serious field day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are a few Chaos legions not in the Eye of Terror.
Typhus for example seems to just wander the universes spreading disease, Huron Blackheart (hate him though I do) and his renegades wander the universe...wait, are we including renegades?

Problem is that the Space Marines outnumber Chaos by quite a margin.

I can't see why the Cadian Gate is such a worry. Doesn''t Abaddon have a Planet Killer and a number of Blackstone Fortresses. One less since the Eye of terror campaign, but that just means he won't have to worry about Eldrad any more. If all Chaos actually worked towards the same goals they would rip through The Cadian Gate...But they never do, and there are usually at least three different armies arranged against them. Imperial Guard, Space Marines and Eldar.

And Chaos are often alone. Dark eldar are never any help, Orcs fight everyone,. Necron have their own agenda, Tau usually fight with the Imperials when they have to choose between that and fighting them, Tyranids fight everyone ever and so are in Chaos' way more than anything else...Hell, even within chaos there are different plans, most the legions hate each other, Ahriman is obsessed with getting into the black library and thus is never in the battle field, Fabius Bile is too busy experimenting, Kharn will kill anyone and anything in his path....

The fact that Chaos can do anything is nothing short of a miracle when you consider that...Gah! Evil is never supposed to be outnumbered...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wouldnt the loyal Primarchs that disappeared return to bolster the Imperium. I forget which are still alive but missing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everyone has good opinions.

but surely the primarchs of chaos could unite there legions at least once for a mass battle, then i think cadia would fall.

but likely they are out numbered alot with those girl pant eldar fighting alongside the guard and SM.

·
Registered
67 Posts
See, heres the thing. Only Abaddon wants to destroy the Imperium. The Primarchs don't and the Chaos Gods really don't, its too amusing. Same with the other characters. None of them really care about destroying the imperium any more. They just want to carry out their respective Gods plans, lounge around on thier deamon worlds and rule with an iron fist/claw/tentacle.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
If Chaos ever broke out, the Inquisition would come down on them.

We're the Inquisition. We know where you live.

All military surplus and spray paint aside, Chaos will eventually bust out of the EoT, throught the Gate, or by simply going in another direction. It says in the dex' that the Gate is the most stable route out of the Eye, but, seeing as the followers of Chaos don't have the most stable of sanities, they might be tempted to use a different route. It's happened before.

-Dirge

·
Registered
24 Posts
While it is true that Chaos forces are outnumbered, during hard pushes into imperium territory there tend to be a sizable amount of imperium forces that turn traitor, which would help with the question of numbers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Eye Of Terror is actually growing - slowly but steadily.
Unless Chaos gets defeated once and for all it'll swallow the everything in its path.

Therefore I'll just sit here and count the millennia.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts