Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all, I am doing some pure theory crafting here and just can't help but think of similarities/inspirations between the HH legions and say for example a setting like WW2.

Now, the question I have for everyone is what does everyone think the HH legions would be represented by in the Battle of Troy and prequel and after campaign wars?

For example, I believe the Atlantis faction that was present (story wise) is most reminiscent of the Alpha Legion in theme and approach and way they are presented in the story.

Another example surely is the Iron Warriors as the Greeks planning and executing the siege perhaps?

What do you think? Have anything else or other examples?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think the Iron Warriors wouldn't have needed the trickery. I think the Alpha Legion would be a better fit as the attackers.

The defenders is trickier, possibly the Ultramarines since they can be blinded by trickery (if we believe the story in Index Astartes IV).

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Greetings all, I am doing some pure theory crafting here and just can't help but think of similarities/inspirations between the HH legions and say for example a setting like WW2.

Now, the question I have for everyone is what does everyone think the HH legions would be represented by in the Battle of Troy and prequel and after campaign wars?

For example, I believe the Atlantis faction that was present (story wise) is most reminiscent of the Alpha Legion in theme and approach and way they are presented in the story.

Another example surely is the Iron Warriors as the Greeks planning and executing the siege perhaps?

What do you think? Have anything else or other examples?

Hang on....you say you're not putting the Alpha Legion onto the side that made the Torjan Horse? That has Alpha Legion written all over it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, interesting things to note.

-Odysseus and his men coming up with the idea of the Trojan Horse definitely does seem like the Alpha legion.

-Achilles and his men representing the world eaters as in the expression of being the best warriors etc...

-I'm not too sure about the myrmidons being Night Lords, care to explain that a bit more?

-The Iron Warriors as the Greeks who were laying siege? What faction was that? Ajax and Agamemnon's lot?

-The Trojans.... seem rather open to interpretation eh?

Takes, comments? My history is also a bit rusty

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
-The Iron Warriors as the Greeks who were laying siege? What faction was that? Ajax and Agamemnon's lot?
I think the Greeks are a little to Heroic for the Iron Warriors.

The Iron Warriors are at the end of the day the people who believe in war via Math.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Hmm, what makes you say that?
Achilles in The Illiad giving himself to passion, anger and hate. The scene where he butchers and kills every absolute thing to the point he disgusts the Greek Gods. In the story you see how Achilles is driven by pride, with his legacy, and then losing his prize, and then losing his lover. I think its very Khornate qualities. The man is very into what drives warriors and the fighting way.

Odysseus on the other hand, seems to be sneaky and unbinding to higher authority. Also the scene where he takes back his home from the suitors is very Alpha Legionish.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think the Greeks are a little to Heroic for the Iron Warriors.

The Iron Warriors are at the end of the day the people who believe in war via Math.
I'm confused, you have a UK flag under your name but you used the word Math which is the US way of referring to maths. I'm confused :grin:

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I'm confused, you have a UK flag under your name but you used the word Math which is the US way of referring to maths. I'm confused :grin:
Thats what happens when you move to the US and marry a Maths Teacher whom is american... Vocab gets confused. =)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats what happens when you move to the US and marry a Maths Teacher whom is american... Vocab gets confused. =)
Ahh, mystery solved. Since you're over there can you educate them to say maths instead of math!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
You can't educate Americans. That's why they say math and color and aluminum, because an extra "I" and silent letters fuck things up for them ;).

I'll reply to the comments on why Night Lords and not World Eaters for Achilles. While Achilles doesn't really take on the role of "judge", the M.O. and way that Achilles was utilised by Menelaus was as a morale breaking effect because of his reputation as unkillable after being dipped in the Styx and the result of his actual ability, rather than a crack assault unit as people tend to believe.

And it's hard to say that the World Eaters were the most capable combatants either.

I can a small allegory to Angron, but I see Angron as more like Ajax.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts