Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am really digging these White Scars. So here comes the log. Hope everyone will enjoy my work :grin:

First for anyone who missed them. These are the first to be painted White Scars.

The First of many Bikes.

Also the first of many Landspeeders to come.

And The Pred.

And a Picture of what im working on.

White Scars Captain on a Bike.

As always tips and comments are always welcome! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Your white looks thick and pretty flat...you'd benefit from watering your paints and using more coats. Some shading wouldn't go amiss, either.

I dig the weathering you've been doing, but it looks strange over flat white and red like that. If you sort the shading, I think you'll be in pretty good shape.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
Yeah I have to agree with Loyalist here. I say this because the white looks really flat and needs to have some depth to it. Don't use blac, use a thinned out Codex Grey before you start your dirtying up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so little update. I took some advice from a few people and I'm trying a new way of painting my white. Instead of white primer and going with that. I am doing grey primer and working up to white through a few colors. So here it is.

I started off with a grey spray prime.

And with a lighter grey(Fort Grey) I dry brushed my way up to this.

Then I went to Skull White and dry brushed that on.

Lastly I gave a second coat of the Skull White dry brush.

I am trying to give my white models a bit more depth. What do you all think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok update, So this is what I came up with useing the new painting tech.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I've always found painting white a pain in the arse, but your method seems to work well IMO. Will have to give this a try.

Keep up good work and have some repage :grin:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I really like that new guy! Cant wait to see more!

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
The new guy looks so much better than the rest. The white on the first models was just to thick and flat.
I still think the white is a bit flat on the new model. You need to define the joints much more, I would give the neck area a few watered downed washes of black to help define the joints and shadows. I would also do this on the knee joints and the gaps inbetween the fingers on the powerfist.
The red also needs another highlight it looks flat.
You are nearly there a few more touch ups and you could have a awesome white scars army.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts