Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So If my race was facing certain extinction by the Imperium of man who wanted to colonise my homeworld. Why not just destroy their own planet out of spite. The doomed race would have nothing to lose by rendering the world uninhabitable ie a killer virus or some other way. It would have basically caused the imperium to waste time and resources attacking the planet ultimately for nothing.

Perhaps even a more cunning tactic would be to leave behind a 'present' that activates a few centuries later when settlers have populated the world. When you're facing extinction you would be capable of anything really.

I would imagine that being galactic genocidal maniacs is not as easy or straightforward as we are used to seeing in the fluff.

So what would you do in a doomed species situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would sabotage every toilet so it couldn't be flushed anymore.

In all seriousness I would go Russia WWII when Germany was going to Stalingrad. Poison every water source, burn every forrest in summer, abandon "strategically ideal" locations but plant them with explosives delayed by a few days or weeks to bomb settled enemies. And in the main city just set explosives to detonate a few years after the Imperium stamped their seal of approval on my planet.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Run away and join the tau, incite a daemonic incursion and bugger off, or throw a rock at the closest orks.

I think any way this goes, the planet is pretty much lost.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
No matter how you sabotage your planet, no matter what final acts of defiance you choose to take or how you choose to valiantly or treacherously end your lives. I don't think there's a measurement small enough in this universe to measure the immensity of the fuck, the Imperium wouldn't give.

·
Registered
537 Posts
No matter how you sabotage your planet, no matter what final acts of defiance you choose to take or how you choose to valiantly or treacherously end your lives. I don't think there's a measurement small enough in this universe to measure the immensity of the fuck, the Imperium wouldn't give.
This ^^^

Cause the planet to be a lifeless rock ...well theyl just view it as another complete
victory against the xenos ( plenty more rocks in the galaxy ).

rig booby traps , so what . Millions of imperial guards are sacrificed without
a thought , whole planets burnt because theyre considered tainted .

Imperial life is cheap in the grim dark and the lords of terra dont give a f*** .

Best to get off planet , join the Tau or head out on your own :grin:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may be true that the Imperium cares little for human lives lost, but many planets are attacked specifically because they are suitable for colonisation or they have a resource that is there.
I would imagine the Imperium doesn't just attack for the sake of it. It needs resources, habitable worlds, even an empire of a million planets/systems has to weigh cost versus potential gain. Those forces raised for that massive crusade have to come at the expense of something else. Perhaps a sector is left slightly less defensible for a short while until it can recoup the expense from elsewhere.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Considering that the Imperium are more than happy to call an exterminatus and glass the whole planet, I don't think they'd really care if you did their job for them.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Destroying the planet is thinking too small. Cause the star to go super nova. You destroy every resource in the system and, hopefully, ALL the enemy ships in the process. Yes, the Imperium will destroy planets but then returns for the resources later. They want to gain something but this strategy causes their crusade to be a total loss.

Otherwise you send everything you got to Terra(assuming you know where it is) and hope you can take out ONE defense platform. Might wake up the High Lords of Terra.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Destroying the planet is thinking too small. Cause the star to go super nova. You destroy every resource in the system and, hopefully, ALL the enemy ships in the process. Yes, the Imperium will destroy planets but then returns for the resources later. They want to gain something but this strategy causes their crusade to be a total loss.

Otherwise you send everything you got to Terra(assuming you know where it is) and hope you can take out ONE defense platform. Might wake up the High Lords of Terra.
Seeing as the eldar and a few other races can actually do this to stars I have always wondered why they don't just do it to sol (thats our sun by they way)

No more sol=no more terra= no more astronomicon=no more imperium!!

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I don't think there's a measurement small enough in this universe to measure the immensity of the fuck, the Imperium wouldn't give.
This. Die with dignity is all you can do and once you do there is no one who's gives a toss.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Options

A) Cause sun to go super nova

B) Hide a part of the population underground and live in secret (cummon' we've seen stranger things)

C) Hide a doomsday bomb ie viral bomb or something that makes the world un-inhabitable on a scale worse than Krieg thats set to go off at some point in the future to really cause a lot of deaths

D) Run and join the Tau

Personally I'd do a combination of B and C -hide and really mess the planet up so no one wants to be there sounds good to me

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Well, you could always build a gigantic tower built to resemble a middle finger and then have it shoot <devastating weapon of your choosing> or someshit. That at least might get you an entry in a Codex...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
OMG Midnight, only you :p

I think I would burrow underground deep and do what the Squats did. Seal it off and then reawaken like 200 years later. Breed like crazy and reek my vengeance upon the Imperium. either that or just WMD all nearby Imperium planets. Muhahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Erect a massive phallic symbol. Really just say fuck it and make it really big and shiny and everything. Just to make the Imperium go what the actual fuck???????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts