Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think a race that has a lot of special weapondry and chariot like tanks. I'm thinking a crystal being race that destroys planets after captureing all life to use to power a giant crystal that keeps thier race alive or something like that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
chocolate ghost army! They could all have the infiltrate special rule, an invulnerable save, and guns that shoot 9000 degree hot fudge

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Either Jawas or Tribles. 40K needs a more humorous race, as the Orks are getting more and more severe as time passes.

How about a technologically backward race, similar to what you'd find in an Ork army, but not because they are so haphazard, but rather because they don't believe that Technology is the answer to any worthwhile question. The army would be blessed with two very obvious qualities...
1. The army would have a very heavy combat theme. None of the models would be anything like a Marine, but rather, think along the lines of hulking intelligent brutes. They would only have Str4, and an armor of 4+, but every model in the core units would be To5. None of these combat brutes would have ranged weapons, though they would have something similar to Fleet.
2. Technology is something this race would revere as the lesson of lost causes. The race would be very religious, and in some cases quite hokey. Shamans (Psykers) would feature as indy characters and squad upgrades. The only 'shooting' in the army would be done through Psychic powers, though the usual system of casting/hooding would have to be altered to make this at all worthwhile. Great beasts would represent the army's 'vehicle' equivalent, and I do imagine that chariots could make an appearance for Fast units.

I'm done being serious now...

Tribles for the WIN!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A race of CC monsters of people who come from where Nids come from, and were the first race to actually piss the nids off altogether...... And immune to rending :D Stealer kiss my backside now!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would love to see an army of ewoks that would rule they are like three points each and for £20 you get 50 guys. They could have stuff similiar to goblin doomdivers and and and.... *faints with excitement*

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i would like to see a new alien race maybe OR GW could just bring back old favs and bring back The Lost and the Damned :)

·
Banned
280 Posts
Either Jawas or Tribles. 40K needs a more humorous race, as the Orks are getting more and more severe as time passes.

How about a technologically backward race, similar to what you'd find in an Ork army, but not because they are so haphazard, but rather because they don't believe that Technology is the answer to any worthwhile question. The army would be blessed with two very obvious qualities...
1. The army would have a very heavy combat theme. None of the models would be anything like a Marine, but rather, think along the lines of hulking intelligent brutes. They would only have Str4, and an armor of 4+, but every model in the core units would be To5. None of these combat brutes would have ranged weapons, though they would have something similar to Fleet.
2. Technology is something this race would revere as the lesson of lost causes. The race would be very religious, and in some cases quite hokey. Shamans (Psykers) would feature as indy characters and squad upgrades. The only 'shooting' in the army would be done through Psychic powers, though the usual system of casting/hooding would have to be altered to make this at all worthwhile. Great beasts would represent the army's 'vehicle' equivalent, and I do imagine that chariots could make an appearance for Fast units.

I'm done being serious now...

Tribles for the WIN!!!
Well, I'm guessing they'll have.

A) A lot of trouble with space travel

and

B) Fending off an orbital bombardment

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It is definitely a work in progress... but what do you expect for the 90 seconds it took to think/type it...

What if this race was little more than an indentured Mercenary regiment. Think of it as a cross between Dogs of War/Beasts of Chaos/Ogryn. The Tech is there but it is not trusted, so they rely on their benefactors/employers to take care of that aspect. This would also give a great intro for a newer space faring race that has this hold on the initial race.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well, I'm guessing they'll have.

A) A lot of trouble with space travel

and

B) Fending off an orbital bombardment
They could be like the Ori from Stargate. They have immense phyc power (second only to the eldar, or even better). They could follow a special phyc rule like each phycher and his squad can role a "favor of the gods" that would allow them to have FNP or an increase in WS and T. If they followed an Ori type army, they would have space ships (maybe even skimmers) and they would have to also pass a "favor of the gods" to move, shoot, either or. These ships would be seen as "gifts from the gods" and not truely technological development, or maybe just seen as tools used in their religious "crusades".

I like the Idea of a mostly tech-free army, it would be a little different than anything else (although nids have been around, they are bugs and thus different) I REALLY like the idea of using beasts as transport (instead of armout value, you could argue giving them a ridiculously high toughness and a good armour save)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Would you go for a Wraithlord that could transport? I would.

And not the Tau. nope nope nope

These guys are not Kroot.. they are too tough and too reliant on their own brute force to be Kroot. Those birdbrains are practically worthless. Now... If you wanted to compare these guys to intelligent Krootox, then that might be suitable. I may have to dig a bit deeper into this and see where it leads....

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think the nids seriously need a transport, think of how sick that would be, or at least what the doors would look like.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Maybe it's just a desperate fantasy, but I would LOVE to see Codex: Ordos Inquisition

One codex that not just updates the WH and the DH but also includes the Deathwatch and Ordo Xenos. There's enough similar material that they could easily bundle them all together and just say "These units are only for this branch" etc

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like someone before me said, an army with chariot like tanks and possibly leaning more towards CC.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Am I the only one thinking of bringing back squats and if not them then I would want some sort of lizard man army for 40k.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts