Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I plan on making a Tau fleet for Battlefleet Gothic for an upcoming campaign at my local GW.

I dislike the GW Tau vessels so I'm going for the FW ships, and possibly even make something myself.

I'm looking for a 750-1000 points list, any suggestions on fleet formations within these parameters?

I'm thinking 1 Custodes, 2 Protector and then fill it up with Warden class ships, though I have no recourses with me which I can use to support those choices, or even give a proper point count.

Any help or ideas on Tau in BFG would be appriciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
399 Posts
giant drones, like monolithic mother ships that look like the little drones, but for this game you probably could just use the little drones. but add fine detail to them, like another antenna or gun

kinda based off the ship in Independence Day

or maybe something like this.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
giant drones, like monolithic mother ships that look like the little drones, but for this game you probably could just use the little drones. but add fine detail to them, like another antenna or gun

That's what I planned on doing, though getting those things to the size of the actual models is a bit harder than I initially thought, especially for the Custodes Class Super carrier, which I really like, stats wise.

I'm going though my old Tau bitsbox to gather anything that might be useful and am surprised at the amount of stuff I have lying around, though very little of it can serve to give the craft a bit of hull and bulkiness.

Also, one of my initial designs turned the Drones into the Starship Enterprise, but that design was put on hold.

Thanks for the pic, I really like it, good inspiration!

·
Registered
46 Posts
You have a good fleet to start of with (which set of rules will you be using?).
Though I prefer the raiding fleet start: Protectors & Castellans,

Add Castellans, an Emissary pack and another Protector pack later on and you'll be on the 1500pts.

Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts