Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
595 Posts
But how are you going to fit the new options into the organizational chart? I ask because I don't see the addition of more soul grinder variants or more monstrous creature variants doing any good if those options remain stuck in the '0-3 Heavy Support' or the just as crowded '0-2 HQ' slots.

I suppose if you made up some sort of monstrous variation of the spawn (after fixing it so it had grenades, and some ability to be controlled), then you'd have something which would make sense to have in units.

Or you could copy the Tyranid codex and allow the taking of marked monstrous creatures as troops if some condition were met. Something like 'If you take a troop choice with this mark, then you can take a monstrous creature with that mark as a Dedicated Hitter' or something.

Simply giving the various units powerfist, crack missile and krak grenade equivalents would just be really boring, I think. You might as well just give everyone 3+ saves and take away deep striking.

· Registered
595 Posts
I just thought of one simple rule which would improve daemons a lot:

When a unit is engaged with a vehicle, and the vehicle is destroyed or wrecked, the passengers who get out of the vehicle are considered part of the combat as participants in a multi-unit combat.

In other words, the assault version of the "If you shoot a transport and destroy it, you can assault the passengers" rule.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.