Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,314 Posts
I really enjoy the randomness of Daemons I don't think they need much, certainly not assaulting out of Deep Strike. There big problem is they are the most coin flip army out there, especially against mechanised forces. Mech Eldar is a pain, you basically get one go to bring down the tanks and if you fluff that you lose. That chances usually happens turn 1 or turn 2 which at least makes your games quick.

Aramoro

· Registered
7,314 Posts
Removing the fickle rule removes part of the fun of Daemons, you know that when you go into the game that you're fickle and plan accordingly. Removing what makes armies unique makes them boring and generic. I don't want to see more AT gun, no melta or lances, but just ways to make contact, maybe a demonic gift shooting attack that did nothing except prevent a unit from moving for a turn, that would let you find tanks and punch them to death.

Maybe some more reserve control would be good, it seems the current trend for heavy reserve armies (Nids and BA) is to have ways to make them more reliable (Hive Commander, Lictors, Descent of Angels etc). I would spend 50-75pts on a Demonic Shrine which I could Deep Strike onto the Table before the game started, was just terrain, and gave me +1 to reserve rolls and acted as a Chaos Icon.

Aramoro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.