Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,117 Posts
I really think the only thing they need is the removal of the retarded fickle rule (Their not bloody orks). After all I really don't think we need more AT weapon since a 4 man unit of flamers will screw over flying tanks fairly bad or any transport rush for that matter, true you don't get to pen, but you auto hit/glance and ignore turbo boosting cover saves (Flamer template).

· Registered
4,117 Posts
I can't believe someone actually suggested balanced waves. If you have ever actually played daemons for any length of time you quickly realize somethings excel in the first wave, and other are better left in the box then on the table if the come in the first wave.

For instance, it makes very little sense in most situations to have daemonettes or most slaanesh models come in the first wave since even guardsmen will kill them in droves, in other words they really don't have a place in a so called balanced wave system. Also plague bearers sole purpose beside camping objectives is to deliver icons so units don't scatter to death (Something they do better then any other unit), however do to their crippling slowness coming in latter waves really doesn't help much except to hopefully cap objectives. Hell this isn't even taking into fricking account the fact that making balenced waves often weakens your arriving force considerably, and generally adds a extra 100 pts of usless crap designed for the sole perpous of making both waves able to help deliver icons or survive the first round of shooting.

Hell even tactically its a stupid idea since the enemy will just target priority the strongest stuff in each wave leaving the tar pit, and support units all alone for counter assaults. Oh also the minimum requirement for terrain is 25% which is roughly what most games use meaning simple going behind cover is retarded especially with a built in 5+ inv, not even consider the fact that without transport and most of the best stuff moving like infantry trying to avoid the enemy by going behind cover can cost you games. Oddly enough do to the nature of the army I find daemons have a weird situation where they are often better in objective games then kill point games.

· Registered
4,117 Posts
Yah and call it Chaos For The Win codex or CFTW for short. Unfortunately at this point it is almost impossible that they will go back to the old ways still. Although it would be nice if somehow taking a certain number of marked units allowed you to take Chaos Daemons troops from the same god instead of the incredibly bland lesser daemon in the current codex. Mind you after this edition of CSM I wouldn't be surprised if we lose daemons all together in the next edition of CSM. Still at least the next Daemons codex probably won't be old school ork randomness when it comes to competitive play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.