Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing for over a year now and i have created my own chapter with back story and the such...however i wanted to "create" a codex for them. For example take many things from other marine codex and some custom heros/units into 1 for friendly games.
I know what i want and what i doin't really. My Crimson Spartans love Arieal assults, so Drop pods, Thunderhawks, Stormravens, anythign which has the skimmer rules. So i wandering if this sounded any good for what and where they where in the deployment. I'm still thinking up heros at the mo.

:elites:
Ironclad Dreadnought (See Marine Codex)
Furioso Dreadnought (Doens't have Red Thirst, Can't take Magna grapple, comes with Searchlight, Can't upgrade to Libarian , a few points cheaper *also names of wepaons changed*)
Sternguard (See Marine codex)
Assault Termintors (See Marine codex)
Termintors (See Marine codex)
Dreadnought (See Marine codex)

:troops:
Assault Squad (See Marine codex)
Tactial Squad (See Marine codex)
Scout squad (See Marine codex)

*Dedicated Transports*
Rhino (See Marine codex)
Drop Pod (See Marine codex)*would be cheaper*

:fa:
Assault Squad (See Marine codex)
Vanguard (See Marine codex)
Land Speeder Squad (See Marine codex)
Land Speeder Storm (See Marine codex)

:hs:
Dreadnought (See Marine codex)
Thunderfire Cannon (See Marine codex)
Landriader(all types) (See Blood Angel codex)
Predator (See Marine codex)
Drednoughts would be able to be taken as eaither Heavy Support or Elite and Assualt Squad could be taken as Troops or Fast attack tho i feel that a Hero taken should eb able to do that.
I have also thoguht of a Dreadnought HQ choice. A fallen leader who wished to fight agian. He would have 2 DCW's and 2 Assault Cannons underslung on each arm but not sure where to go from there.
Any help with this would be great.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I would just play Blood Angels codex. It seems you just want to cherry pick the best units from each and pay less points for them all. It look like a cheap trick to make your Homebrew better. I mean why would your Furioso have searchlights AND be cheaper. Why are your Drop Pods cheaper etc.

I would make you're special dreadnought dude, point him up and play the rest with the Blood Angels rules.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean why would your Furioso have searchlights AND be cheaper. Why are your Drop Pods cheaper etc.
Doen't have Red thirst or as many possibly upgrades.
Drop pods are the prefred choice of transport for my army and you cna see that in that they have no Razorbacksand possibly Rhinos)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Not being able to pay points for an upgrade should not make you cheaper, that just makes no sense at all. How many points were you thinking of for your furioso?

Just because you use drop pods doesn't mean they should be cheaper, it should just mean that you have more units in them or special rules for them etc.

If you just use Codex Blood Angels you get pretty much everything you want, and Descent of Angels which makes your Ariel troops better.

Aramoro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts