Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us know the iron warriors omnibus but I don't want to do that, I am wanting to do nurgle dedicated iron warriors could you the wonderful heretics help me with ideas please.

Please not I'm not that good at converting yet!

Gothic

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wow wish I had found that tutorial before I made my terminator lord last year...

There was also a nice little tutorial in WD last summer when the Deamons mini-update came out. IT basically involved creating lots of different sized balls of GS and cutting them in hald, then sticking them onto flat areas to create boils. Then around the boils and all over the shoulder pad (not the trim though) stippling liquid green stuff to make it look corroded and worn. This was actually really easy to do, and doesn't require amazing sculpting skills.

Painting-wise try using a more brassy/copper colour on the shoulder trim intsead of gold, as then you can create a thin wash of a greeny/turqoise to put in verdigris. A greate example of this is in the 'eavy metal masterclass, when they painted a nurgle chaos lord on a horse (but obviously that has green armour and not the steel colour of iron warriors). It aslo might be worth looking at weathering pigments to rust the steel a bit

Hope this helped, Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts