Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this new codex is pretty awesome so my inquisitor would really like to have some marines to assist in his inquisitorial shenanigans.

The obvious choice is DEATHWATCH..... Oh they don't exist, but using my geeky imagination I have come up with

HQ
Pedro kantor
( built as a counts as model, think having preferred enemy as a Xenos race fits and also makes sternguard scoring. Other than that he is a solid character any way. )

Techmarine
Servo harness
Combi grav
85pts
( Really like the model and also makes for the iron hands member. )

ELITES
Sternguard veteran squad 120
5 extra marines
Plasma cannon
Combi-melta
Combi-plasma
275pts
( they are essentially the old deathwatch squads from the white dwarf article of old 😕)

Dreadnought
Heavy flamer
110pts
( every storm raven needs one hanging of the back IMO. )

TROOPS
Scout squad
Heavy bolter
Hellfire rounds
Land speeder storm
113pts x2
226pts

Scout squad
Camo cloaks
Sniper rifles
Missile launcher
Flak missiles
95pts
( scouts modelled as inquisitorial storm troopers so not marines as such, needing 2 troops but not wanting to take any more power armour, these will be the same as the acolytes in my inquisitors retinue, kinda his personal army if you will also tying it all together. )

FAST ATTACK
Stormtalon gunship
Skyhammer missile launcher
125pt
( who doesn't like attack copters!!!! )

HEAVY SUPPORT
Stormraven gunship
Twin lascannon
( feel the deathwatch squad needs a dropship. Swat/special forces style insertion fits.... And they rock! )

Hunter 70
( love the new model and the fluff/rules, see it as the inquisitor having what he wants... Why not anti air support. )

Predator 75
Twin lascannon
Heavy bolters
120pts
( same as the hunter but for heavy armour... And why not the inquisition can if the want. )

ALLIED DETACHMENT
( fluff says that the inquisition send the deathwatch to do there dirty work... So these guys are "not really there" which works I think for the fact the are not battle brothers, the inquisitor is there with there own agenda and the grey knight also, and gotta have a troop choice! )

HQ
Inquisitor:
Combi melta
Power armour
2 servo skulls
Mastery level 1: psychic communion &
Force sword
79pts

ELITES
Inquisitorial henchmen warband:
Xenos eradication squad:
8 acolytes:
Carapace armour
5 Bolters
3 Combi-plasmas
2 Jaekaro weaponsmiths
Servitor:
Plasma cannon
189pts
( as I said above the acolyte look the same as the scouts, the others are super hard bastard elite mega soldier... Explaining there better stats. And no stupid techno monkey models, find alternative. )

TROOPS
Grey knight Terminator squad :
Incinerator
2 falcions
2 halberds
1 hammer
psybolt ammo
235pts

( don't think deathwatch would be rocking tactical dreadnought armour but they are always good to have some termies bashing about.... Problem solved! + scoring + accurate deep strike + they kill stuff dead!!! )

I think this would make for a good characterful army. What do you all think? Also I kinda like the project that it will make for me, can put a lot of character into the deathwatch/sternguard squad being from a whole bunch of chapters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts