Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, on page 96 of the Chaos Space Marine Codex (5th edition) it says, under the troops section that for an additional amount of points, a Chaos Space marine may take an Icon of Nurgle, Now does this mean that when I give the space marine the icon it will give all the marines in that squad the mark as well or is that a different thing?

Also, will it cost those points extra for every model in the squad or just the one with the icon?

Thanks

No points values, please.

-DK

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
its just 50 points for the icon and you have to have the icon alive to get the mark. when you get whiped to 2 guys you either have to get rid of special weapons or the ability. no wehther or not you can give the icon to the same guy who has the special weapon i do not know. oh and the icon gives the mark abilities to the whole squad as long as its alive

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Any squad member may bear the Icon which does all that Sledge says. Typically it's more points effective to just take Plague Marines though. They have T5 plus lots of other benefits for just a bit more per model.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
totally true that is why i only take cult troops because if you are going to spend the points for cult abilities you might as well get the rest.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the icon bestows a Mark on everyone in the unit. Shoudl the icon bearer be killed everyone loses the mark.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Usually i give the icon ( i always go with Chaos Glory as i agree with 5tonsledge just go with the Cult choices it works out better) to my champion with a powerfist as usualy he is the last guy i want standing. I model them like boss poles that orks have coming out of his backpack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
maybe a stuppid question but here it goes. if i put my HQ with the mar of slaanesh into a unit that has the icon of tzeench does my HQ get two marks? or if i give my HQ the mark of nurgle and put him in a unit with the icon of nurgle do i get +2T? i think that would be weird but then again gw did more weird things

·
Registered
594 Posts
maybe a stuppid question but here it goes. if i put my HQ with the mar of slaanesh into a unit that has the icon of tzeench does my HQ get two marks? or if i give my HQ the mark of nurgle and put him in a unit with the icon of nurgle do i get +2T? i think that would be weird but then again gw did more weird things
Icons benefit all models in the unit, except Independent Characters.

So no, HQ units can't get double marks by joining a unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts