Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Oh yeah, when you're talking about a transport-bound squad, Plague Marines probably win hands down; but CSM themselves are a solid force in both shooting and melee, they have the numbers to survive a lot of punishment, they have the numbers (and weapon options) to dish it out at range, and they have the sheer volume of attacks to perform quite well in melee.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
dont they alos have 5++ saves? o.o

thats just mean XD

especialy for the hella cheap price...

i think the main reason people dont like lesser deamons is just because they dont have any real special rules but really say your running a TS army :D you just got yourself a nice cheap CC unit to help you out ^.^

not to mention that can capture :eek:

IoCG is imba it should probably be nerfed XD because i mean its 10 points to get a second chance to stop your 200+ point unit from running away like little bitches after some loyalists come and hurl instults at them
Yes they do, they're a very useful for helping out a unit that's got charged.

And yeah, I think that IoCG is preferable to Fearless in a single big way, it means you don't take extra saves just for losing combat.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Anything that reduces the amount of saves you have to take is definitely a good thing.

I play nids and necrons both, I would KILL for an IoCG equivelant in those books. My CSM never leave home without their pointy stars on sticks I assure you.

Definitely worth it.
Oh yes, Nids certainly do not enjoy being Fearless when it comes to CC.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Well the BA decided to drop thirty marines out of the sky. Onto my land raider. I am very glad I had windshield wipers for all those mishaps.
LOL!

I agree with Donkey Kong though (DK), good palyer is more important; a good list is very important, but ultimately a better player will win - the list is sort of part of their ability too, army construction is a skill.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
That's the thing, Waffles, they all have something to do with success in this game, but just because a codex is "weak" or a unit is "useless" doesn't mean someone can't surprise you with them. Hell, just the fact that it IS unpopular gives an advantage sometimes. I've lost track of the times I have heard someone say "Those things are FLEET?!!" As my Defiler crashes into they're unit.
I do like Defilers, isn't the main turn-off that they're huge?

And also, what about Pyrovores? :p
Any hope for those cute buggers?
I hope so, they're so adorable T_T

Case in point, a guy from Atlanta, Walter (damn I hope he see's this [waves at Walter]) played in a big event we have each year with the most ridiculous army you've ever seen... and ROCKED FACE!

It was:

Deciever
9 Tomb Spiders
2 squads of Pariahs
1 big squad of Flayed ones (YES Flayed Ones, People!)
and the rest was Swarms

He did very well, can't remember his placement (low paint score hurt him because the army was literally hodgepodged together) but he was on the top tables.
That is awesome :D
But um, I don't see any Troops :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.