Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hail, heretics. It's been a long time since I last shared any of my work here. Here's my latest projects: a Land Speeder Storm, and a Chaplain. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Welcome back and thanks for posting your work. Looks like you've got the basics down pretty good. paint isn't too thick and overall quality is good. With that being said however you Should definitely invest in washes. The faces of the scouts the skulls on the chaplain and the red on the purity seals all could use some more detail as they are very flat. For the gold areas is suggest using several thin layers of paint then a wash and then a light drybrush with either a lighter gold or possibly silver to pick out the very edge details.

Judging by the fact that you have highlighter the armor and panels of the land speeder and marines in the proper places shows that you have the talent to take your work to the next level and i really think you should try to elevate yourself to that level.

Its a decent job for a table top standard . try to push yourself out there a bit more and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better you can do. and keep in mind that this takes practice. you cant gain all of these skills over the course of one sitting. give it some time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Welcome back and thanks for posting your work. Looks like you've got the basics down pretty good. paint isn't too thick and overall quality is good. With that being said however you Should definitely invest in washes. The faces of the scouts the skulls on the chaplain and the red on the purity seals all could use some more detail as they are very flat. For the gold areas is suggest using several thin layers of paint then a wash and then a light drybrush with either a lighter gold or possibly silver to pick out the very edge details.

Judging by the fact that you have highlighter the armor and panels of the land speeder and marines in the proper places shows that you have the talent to take your work to the next level and i really think you should try to elevate yourself to that level.

Its a decent job for a table top standard . try to push yourself out there a bit more and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better you can do. and keep in mind that this takes practice. you cant gain all of these skills over the course of one sitting. give it some time.
All absolutely correct. Can't agree more.
I will say, with blues and bone, Agrax Earthshade in the crevices is your friend. Just use in the crevices and joints and the blue and bone will stand out much more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts