Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting curious about forgeworld products lately. Always looked at their site, but never really got anything besides upgrade parts for something. Now, I'm looking at a lot of the units they have. Particularly, Necrons. My question is, I know you have to have IA 12 to use the units they sell. Is it worth it? Right now I have GK, DA, CSM, and Nec armies that I'm working on. Does all 4 have a place in IA that would make it useful for me to get or would I be stuck buying a book to just use one cool unit for one army?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Personally I love the IA books, they are full of fluff, perty pictures and are of higher production values than normal GW books. In IA12 the faces covered are Necrons, DKOK and Minotaurs SM's. If you are looking for rules I would suggest buying the minis you like and just DIY datasheeting the rules for Apoc, which is probably where the units in question would be best used.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I agree with Jacobite here, the books are a wonderful collection of images, fluff and story with a few new rules and models thrown in.

If you have any interest in the fluff aspect then the books are more than worth it, for just the new rules - you have to judge that I think, but I bought the Eldar IA for the rules and ended up getting more from the rest of the book than I had expected.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was thinking of collecing the book any how. Just the thought of buying something where there were no rules puts me off

·
Registered
807 Posts
A while ago some website had a bunched of leaked rules from IA 12 for the Necrons (they have since been taken down.) And I will say that the Sentry Pylons where freaking boss. A little point heavy, but imo worth it. I am actually saving up for the book and a set of 3 Sentry Pylons with Gauss Exterminators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts