Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a huge Novamarines fan boy just for whatever reasons, I like to be different. Anyway, I am secretly tearing through all these Heresy novels that include the struggle in Macragge to find any reference to Lucretius Corvo, or Astagar, or any mention of the pre-Novamarines chapter.

Of course I have found nothing, but is it too much to ask to get some damn Novamarine love!!

Also while I am at it, anyone found any other hints to other would be chapters in these novels?? I saw mention to Iron Snakes Chapter, but I know everyone else did too. Anything else?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, the Novamarines are given a good amount of page time in the Deathwatch RP source books. Not a story per se, perhaps, but it permits you to create your own stories with them...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I saw mention to Iron Snakes Chapter, but I know everyone else did too. Anything else?
I may have missed that....?

·
8,723 Posts

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
There's lots of reference to some of the Imperial Fists' successor chapters (Templars and Crimson Fists) and also some references to the Flesh Tearers.

Needless to say, no mention of the Ill Fated Wolf Brothers yet, but there is time...

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Its also relevant to note that the Chapters during the Crusade-era and Heresy-era did not necessary neatly transfer into the Chapters of the Second Founding. For one, not all Legions maintained Chapter organisations. And most that did maintained Chapters at much larger sizes, and in a very different role, compared to the Chapters of the Second Founding and 40k.

For example, when the Imperial Fists Legion was dissolved in the Second Founding, those young, more level-headed Space Marines formed the Crimson Fists. Whilst the more zealous formed the Black Templars. These Chapters were not based on pre-existing structures already present within the Legion.

So in regards to the Novamarines, a pre-existing Chapter or other internal organisation within the Ultramarines may not have directly been reorganised into the Novamarines during the Second Founding (similar to the Imperial Fists Chapters). Or they may have been based on the Space Marines under Corvo's command. In regards to Corvo or Astagar though, most likely the best you can hope for is a vague reference made in passing.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

·
8,723 Posts
I've heard and seen it said a fair few times that they leave details blank sometimes so we/the gamers can fill in the blanks and create/adapt our own fluff.
That pretty much sums it up :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts