Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Games Workshop is asking for your help. Do you have a local shop or shops that do not carry the GW product line but could or should?

Send GW the names and phone numbers to those stores for them to contact. If any one of those stores picks up the GW product line, you get yourself a free battleforce or battalion boxed set for the effort. Seems easy enough.

The offer is only good for limited areas though. Here is the selected regions:
Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Eire, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands and Sweden.
Thats it. Sorry USA, Canada, Uganda, Iran and the rest of the known world.

Here is a LINK to the page on GW's site for all the info.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New... old... I thought that someone might be interested in attempting the impossible... getting free stuff from GW for doing pretty much nothing.

That and I didn't see any previous mention on heresy about it, so it might be new to someone. :eek:k:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I was about to do it, but my computer shut down midway... Luckily the message was sended in the drafts folder, so I guess I will send it today :)

But do you get any email back from GW when you do it?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Gw just opened a new store in my area, which is a bonus as taking the trip to Norwich sort of killed of my enthusiasm, The only real gripe I have with it though is they opened it directly opposite the 1 shop that supported their hobby over the years which seems a bit of a fu to other stockists.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'd rather they did a 'We'd like a better store'.

Not knocking my local, but its a small one man one... Now if they moved it literally one street over, it would quadruple its foot traffic which is better for a sales point of view, and they could have a bigger store which is better for us gamers, and displaying stock. At the moment, its only got two 4x4 gaming tables, and its hard to game around them as theres only like 2 feet between the edge of the table, and the shelves for stock... so if people are gaming at them, its near impossible to look at the stock without disrupting the game.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

Not knocking my local, but its a small one man one... Now if they moved it literally one street over, it would quadruple its foot traffic which is better for a sales point of view, and they could have a bigger store which is better for us gamers, and displaying stock. At the moment, its only got two 4x4 gaming tables, and its hard to game around them as theres only like 2 feet between the edge of the table, and the shelves for stock... so if people are gaming at them, its near impossible to look at the stock without disrupting the game.
Ah but I imagine the price for letting the larger location would also be double or triple the current cost, catch-22 in a way. Your store can't afford to move until it's sales pick up but it's sales won't pick up until it moves to somewhere with more sales potential :(

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Pretty much... but then we've got a tory council, so what do you expect for rent costs the way they're ruining the country at the moment? *eyerolls*

Still, that said, there's plenty of stores with more staff, but less turnover that can afford larger premises.. soo *shrugs*

As said, more foot traffic = more sales in my experiences... evne in the small store, the ammount of times I've heard people say 'oh I just nipped in as it looked interesting'... If I had £1 for every time, I'd have a 7000 point army by now. lol.

·
Punx For Life
946 Posts
I think it's a rip off,
I applied 3 times in 2.1/2 years with the same 3 shops.
4 months ago one of them shops started stocking GW product's, do you think I heard anything, no:(
I had spoken to the shop manager beforehand and he said they wouldn't stock GW product's as they don't get any warhammer hobbyist in.

The shop in question is 4d model shop which is an architectural suppliers and not a war gaming or hobby shop.

I wouldn't waste my time again,
let GW do there own work and don't waste your time.:grin:

·
Registered
154 Posts

to be honest mate, this sounds like rubbish, the busyists stores in the world makes about 4x what a one man store does and thats in a busy shopping centres [bluewater and plaza]
moving ones street over would not affect sales massively as the gw hobby is a niche market, people who are into the hobby will make the effort to find the hobby centre.

If people supported there local store more than it wouldn't be one man.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Unfortuantely the layout of my town is such that the store has always been 'off the beaten track' as it were for general town center shopping. I'd never even heard of Games Workshop until I was in highschool at about 14, and apparently my local store has been where it is for about 5 years before that...

Which is my point... just one street over is one of the major walk through routes in my town... if it was there they'd get far more foot traffic and far more awareness of the brand.

When I first started going to my local, its was always small and cramped, but they used to have 3 staff members. Its just the manager now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Out of all the places that need this the most its The U.S. and they are not included!? :headbutt: Sad Day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I really need a store here in Cuernavaca...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts