Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very long time ago I had an army of Samhain Eldar...back in RT days in fact. They later got refinished to be Ulthwe...and I sold them. I haven't bothered with them since. Until a couple of days ago.

I got loaned an Eldar army to just 'try out' according to my friend; he wanted to face them with his 'Dark Eldar and there wasn't anyone else to play...so I stepped up.

Eldar are cool.

I've always liked their vehicles of course...so sleek and sexy looking. *sigh*

I guess I'm going to have to gather and paint an Eldar army. Again.

Yep, I'm in trouble. O-o

Sister Sin

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I'm doing a spirit army at the moment, and i must say, eldar are awesome. The wraithlord kit is alot more flexible than it looks as first, just needs a bit of cutting here and there, esp at the legs...

i say hurrah!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I like eldar too especially their fluff and tanks, but I just can't get into any other model there is for them they just don't appeal to me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I prefer to slay Eldar than paint them. :) Every time I see a Falcon/Fire Prism/Wave Serpent they look bigger in photos that they do in real life imo. Not that they don't look great, they do, and their size is fine I guess... just a random observation.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I feel for you Sister Sin, I'm bouncing back and forth between Marines and Tau... I get board of building or painting one and start the other again. The Eldar Model Line is great and its all I can not to build/paint them. :so_happy:

·
Registered
800 Posts
i once felt the same with tau

eldar have never appealed to me really, not evan their tanks, i do like the exarchs though... i play chaos now so i like to hunt eldar

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love Eldar tanks they just scream AIRBRUSH! lol

I have a Fire Prism tank and don't even play Eldar just a side project once I get my airbrush setup like I want it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yes, I have my trusty airbrushes....love them...and perfect for that sleek look of the Eldar...not to mention scenic stuff like Warp Gates and such. And the blended colors...*swoon!*

Homebrew Craftworld I think, yep. Trying to work out a color scheme and name and all that.

I like the Terracotta color, but aside from Bleached Bone I'm not sure what else...I'll experiment a bit. Perhaps a mottled sort of base color with a pure accent color...hmmmm.

Sister Sin

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Panzeez!!!

I built a Fire Prism as a fun project, and I had a couple commissions to build Panzee models. I prefer to kill them, though. I do like the Howling Banshees though. I might pick up a few on Saturday.....hmm...

-Dirge

·
Registered
145 Posts
Far to many funny looking hats......... I also find that eldar die far more easily than they should.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I really like Eldar myself. I started 40 with Eldar (right after they were redone) and really loved them. Now I'm starting my Grey Knight army (will finish for christmas) and will get back to Eldar after that. Should be great.

Post some pics into the ongoing projects when you start it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
im not realy into eldar never have been.... i like the exarches though

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Nah, the Storm Guardians are the best looking models in the game, I think. Also, Eldar do have the best looking vehicles in the game. Nothing says Space Elves like the Serpent (or Falcon, or Prism)!

·
Registered
784 Posts
What about the Eldar Rangers? I find those to be some of the coolest looking models in the 40k world

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I definitely like the Rangers. Not that I know much about using them mind, but they look cool and that's enough.

I like the Howling Banshees too, no surprise.

But mostly I love the Jetbikes, Vypers, Falcons, and Wave Serpents...and I think the Scorpion II rocks!

Sister Sin

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
My tourney army is 3 Serpents, 2 Prisms, 1 Falcon, 3 Vypers, 14 Jetbikes and 3x10 Infantry (DA's and Banshees). There are games where I'll not even disembark the infantry, and well, I really don't mind...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What about the Eldar Rangers? I find those to be some of the coolest looking models in the 40k world
Agreed!! I also really like the tanks, and the swooping hawk exarch especially. However i preferred the previous range of dark reapers to the current ones.

I still think the wood elf range stands head and shoulders over everything else gw has ever produced though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
the trangers are good i forgot bout them....

and maugan ra is good too.

wood elf range is deffinately the best in warhammer but in 40K i would say theres some better ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts