Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Uh so I'm from Melbourne, Victoria and I'm completely new to Warhammer 40k, uh, I found out about it last year but have been too scared to go into the GW in my area. :blush: They all sort of stared at me the last time I did.

But anyway I have one half painted Ultra Marine I think, it's part blue, that's all I can really remember about when I got it, I want to start an army but don't know who to play as. I don't know much about the game and everyone recommends reading the guides, the only trouble is I don't understand much of it.

So again hello all I'm nightmaregenerator

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
melbourne know what you mean by being stared at the games workshops in melbourne with the exception of northland and occationally highpoint arent that good to learn in.
Well I went into Highpoint once and they all stared at me, but when I went to the Melbourne Central store they were really helpful they gave me the first model and showed me how to paint it and such so that was good but a few months ago I found that they had closed, although I did see a store in Northcote and saw what I presume is a Warhammer emblem in a games store in the city.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So from what I understand so far, I should purchase the Assault on Black Reach set, which seems like exactly what I need but I've found a whole lot of chapters for space marines, I have determined my half panted Space Marine is an Ultramarine.

And I have also been told that Space Wolves are alright as this is what a friend started off as. But then I was also told that Angry Marines are great to play because they are cheap (ie. they get two heavies).
Then I was told it's all about how you play, but uh well I've never played. So are their any suggestions as to a chapter that's easy to play but at the same rate good?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Explains a few things

well angry marines aren't exactly an army, they are but not a games workshop one someone made a fandex for them, you can come up with your own space marine chapter.
That may explain why when talking to some people they look at me strangely, as it will also explain why I can't find much information on them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.