• librarian

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • chaplain

Votes: 23 74.2%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I've always preferred the Chappies, myself. Libbies are nice, but the Chappies are what really drives the Chapter forward. Give them a squad to play with and a nice special ability (like furious charge) and you're set. Jump pack are pretty awesome as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I second that. An invuln is also nice on a hero and having the ability to equip a JP means he will get into CC. Librarians are nice, but I found them most useful when you dump a lot of points into them, which isn't always viable in smaller games.

Alias

·
Registered
150 Posts
I third the chaplin, as I own both one in terminator armor and one with a jump pack, both are very nasty in CC. Go with a chaplin, another perk is the unit he is with is now fearless.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
chaplains are for me but im space wolves and chaplains are more close combat but if your not that kinda of player its up to you

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you're playing BA or an assault-oriented army, chaplains are better. If you're playing a more shooty army, I prefer librarians. If you don't put too much stuff on them librarians can be very reasonable. I prefer an epistolary with a bolt pistol, iron halo, veil of time as his first power, and fury of the ancients as his second power. That comes out to 162 points and has the ability to throw lots of hits and pinning checks at your enemy even if they're in cover and is still a certified badass in cc with veil of time (giving him the equivalent of almost a 2++ save and a better than 2+ save as well as rerolling hits and wounds). Not to mention that psychic hood kicks enemy psykers in the balls. Sure he'd be stronger with an adamantine mantle and terminator honors, but that's 50 points you could spend elsewhere.

Nothing beats a chappy for leading assault squads though.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'd say a Chaplin, they are a lot more simple to use and don't require that much management when you're on the feild. Just point in the direction of what you want dead with his squad and see the flubber fly.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
both are very good but chaplain just gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Why not get both? The force organization chart says that you can have 2 HQ choices.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why not get both? The force organization chart says that you can have 2 HQ choices.
I assume that he doesn't have a 1500-2000 pt army yet and that's why he's only going to choose 1.

I'm arguing with everyone else who's posted so far. Librarians are awesome because some of the librarian's powers can take down tons of enemy units. Use a drop pod and the Fear of the darkness power, and a decent chunk of your enemy's army will likely fall back off the board. Storm of the emperor's wrath and fury of the ancients are also great powers to blast away enemy troops. If this is going to be your army's only/first commander, a captain or master would be great because of his low cost and morale boosting power. I think chaplains and librarians are better for a second commander.

·
Registered
16 Posts
librarians are nice but they're really are all about them selves, they add a small bit to the army in the form of shooting or combat but generally they don't do as much as you would like

the reason why I voted for the chaplin is because while they do less when on their own they are lethal in a big assault squad the rerolls is invalueable and generally an assault from a full squad of assault marines and a chaplin will wipe the flour with the enemy

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would say chaplain by far they are cheaper make a unit fearless and get to reroll hits on the charge witch if you put them in a termy squad or assault squad just run people over with the sheer number of attacks.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
get some grey knights and you could have a grand master. If not chaplins are cheap but librarian are so poweriful it is up to you i would get both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts