Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rly...that was just terrible...plus it also opens the way for fan speculation regarding his origins.

Like the idea of him being around throughout human history tho. The st george thing in mechanicum was a nice touch. How did he get the dragon to mars though? cant remember there ever being any space travel in georgies era.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not sure if that fluff has been overturned. I know the sensei thing was dropped. I kinda like the idea the Emperor's been around forever.....makes him more mysterious. Like what are his ultimate goals? But I suggest attempting to summon the great fluff lord, Baron Spikey. Goodluck!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I can't seem to find the St. George reference. can someone give me a Direct link to it. Much apretiated!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Read Mechanicus. In the book, somewhere in the second half, or third third, the story reveals (probably damn near the end, to be honest) that SPOILER ALERT there was this really powerful dragon (a c'tan dragon) on earth (no, really) and it was ravaging (get this) young maidens. So, along came this shining knight wearing (obviously) the shiniest suit (like, the sun reflected the brightness of the armor, not the other way around) of armor in the world... and he rode his (obviously, white mare) steed towards the dragon, using a (force) lance, then proceeded to kick (dragon) ass.

The allusion is to Saint George, who slew the dragon... (Fafnir, I think?) and the long and short is, they don't quite connect the dots, but they put them on the same page, (number them, color code them and hand you the pencils, paint brushes and a photocopy of the original, in case you still don't see it). I don't know which 40k wiki online site has the info stashed (page in the book cited) and all that, but I figure, it will be online soon (if it isn't already).

Does that help? (It did me, you've been ignoring me all day [No, I haven't. You don't exist!] Oh yeah? [yeah] Oh... I guess not.)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Official background for the Emperor is simply "unknown." Personally, I like the idea of him being the collective reincarnation of the best and brightest.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As far as I'm aware, he was born in Anatolia in 8000 BCE. That makes his origin fairly set. Although this info is some I appear to have picked-up in my swimming of the inter-tubes. Does anyone know where it actually comes from?

GFP
NB, No, I didn't write BC wrong; just...differently.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Yeah, it comes from one of the heresy books. I believe he told Horus that he was born in Anatolia around 8000 BC.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Ok... What was the point of the little BCE explenation? Lol and yeah that sound familiar.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hello there minions :p

As of this very moment in time the Shaman collective background hasn't been retconned, but it also hasn't been mentioned in any official manner in well over a decade- so make of that what you will.

@Belthazor Aurellius- close but no cigar, Horus wears the ring as a gift from his Father. It's got the symbol of the Dreadful Sagitarius on it (centaur with a bow and arrow) and Horus tells Loken that his Father was born a year after the ring was made in 8,000BCE ancient Antolia- which was where modern day Turkey is now I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, it comes from one of the heresy books. I believe he told Horus that he was born in Anatolia around 8000 BC.
Actually this bit of fluff is much older. Together with the shaman reincarnation bit it came up - uhm..... a long time ago. I either read it in a very old White Dwarf or it was in the old Book "Realm of Chaos - The Lost and the Damned".
So this has been floating around for a while, but I'm not sure if it's still considered to be really official.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Actually this bit of fluff is much older. Together with the shaman reincarnation bit it came up - uhm..... a long time ago. I either read it in a very old White Dwarf or it was in the old Book "Realm of Chaos - The Lost and the Damned".
So this has been floating around for a while, but I'm not sure if it's still considered to be really official.
No, the event that I was talking about was from one of the heresy book, I never said anything about the shaman. They both may talk about the same thing but the one I was talking about was from a conversation with Horus and Loken.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I actually think the shaman idea was kind of neat. But it's probably best to leave it ambiguous, the Emperor seems more mysterious that way. An interesting alternative would be if the Emperor was a God like Khorne, Tzeench, etc. who was powered by order, courage, etc. who some how entered the materium. This could be used to explain why these emotions don't seem prevalent in the Warp. I know this theory is easily discredited and I don't put any stock in it, it's just an interesting idea.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The shaman thing came from the realm of chaos book yeah! your right OldMan.

If you really want to know, he was created from the birth of all the Shamans on Terra commiting suicide in their physical forms to combine in the Immaterium to become one being.

This was before the immaterium was a roiling tide of evil karma! So the emperor actually came to being before the awakening of the chaos gods.

The reason the Shamans did this - they knew chaos was rising and were slowly losing their connection to the warp to use their powers! Hence they did this to create an uber shaman of death that has no problems manifesting his powers.

He never truly lead man to begin with, he popped up through out history to Steer man in the right direction, it was only when *enter war name as i cant remember what it was called* he stepped up to become the emperor of man kind.

Its been a while since i actually read Realms of Chaos so my fluff might be a little off.

BUT GW have never reffered to this since it was made, so who knows what they think now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The shaman thing came from the realm of chaos book yeah! your right OldMan.

If you really want to know, he was created from the birth of all the Shamans on Terra commiting suicide in their physical forms to combine in the Immaterium to become one being.

This was before the immaterium was a roiling tide of evil karma! So the emperor actually came to being before the awakening of the chaos gods.

The reason the Shamans did this - they knew chaos was rising and were slowly losing their connection to the warp to use their powers! Hence they did this to create an uber shaman of death that has no problems manifesting his powers.

He never truly lead man to begin with, he popped up through out history to Steer man in the right direction, it was only when *enter war name as i cant remember what it was called* he stepped up to become the emperor of man kind.

Its been a while since i actually read Realms of Chaos so my fluff might be a little off.

BUT GW have never reffered to this since it was made, so who knows what they think now.
You ninja'd me!... well sort of... LOL :grin: Yeah I was looking for any reference about the Star Child and somehow I came across the Realm of Chaos book, it's all there. However I didn't find anything about the Star Child and those "re-incarnations" that are supposed to happen all around the universe. Do you reckon that this fluff has replaced the story told in Realm of Chaos??

·
Registered
262 Posts
The origins of the Emperor involve Chuck Norris and a time machine - expect a novel about it from ADB in 12-18 months :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts