Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lasrifle should obviously be a bullpup design with the magazine located behind the trigger rather than in front. Since it's only a charge pack that's being swapped in and out and there's no need to carry/move bullets then it shouldn't be more complicated to manufacture a bullpup lasgun than a more standard configuration.
Every guardsman's standard rifle could be a third shorter and more compact if only the Mechanicus would bother. Plus bullpups just look cool, man. Who doesn't want a bullpup?

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
...if only the Mechanicus would bother
Change the holy STC! Heresy!

More seriously, I believe the reason is that having standard configuration lasguns means that many of the parts could also be used for autoguns where bullpup does make a difference to complexity.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
168 Posts
I assume different style of combat defer to different lasgun designs. The balance of the bullpup would be better suited for firing on the move, while the forward-heavy lasgun may be more cumbersome, but perhaps more accurate.

My two cents anyways :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts