Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so this is probubly a real REAL dumb question: Is there any Space Marine Chapter that DOESN'T worship/like/agree/answer to the Emperor?

I ask this because to be honest I love the versitility of the SMarine codex but like the fluff of how Chaos is against the Emperor. It also doesn't help that I'm getting bored of the bland CSMarine codex. I didn't want to just make up a chapter (which I might have to do) with that kind of background or use the SMarine Codex to make an army and call them CSMarines (no offence to any who do).:victory:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
There are probably several renegade chapters, Soul Drinkers for example like the Emperor but not the Imperium and (after almost falling to Chaos) went renegade.

·
Registered
736 Posts
there are theoretically loads of chapters that have turned from the Emperor's light (bare in mind though its illegal for SM to not pay at least lip service to the Big-E, so if you don't, then you are no friend to the Imperium). however, tracking down specific names and details is a bit harder. any of the groups mentioned in the Codex: CSM that are not a faction of one of the Traitor Legions will have been a Chapter and will have been equipped as such. so there is no harm in using the C: SM to represent them. in fact, it used to be the case that the codex for Chaos only represented Legions, as it was assumed that anyone less ancient would not have managed to attract daemons or accrue daemonic artifacts.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah, Soul Drinkers is one prime example. If you're aiming to create a renagade chapter, that isn't alligned with Chaos or particularly fond of the Imperium, you're best bet is to use a DIY Codex Astartes chapter. They would offer you the best versatility, especially if you don't want to have any Chaos influence and your fluff could be anything from a rogue chapter turned mercenary or supporters of the Tau.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
The Relictors are on the verge of being corrupt or were excommunicated. They hunt for and use weapons and items that are questionable within the eyes of the imperium and may possibly be demonic. I can't remember if they were still with the imperium or not. Could be worth a look into.

Of course the Dark Angels have their secrets too. Nothing saying you couldn't do up an army of the fallen using the C:SM.

As previously mentioned, the Soul Drinkers are deemed traitors but fight in spirit for humanity using everything at their disposal.

And like you said you can always take one of the known named chapters that has no information or background, (just their name really) and do them up your own way too.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
"Is there any Space Marine Chapter that DOESN'T worship/like/agree/answer to the Emperor?"
UM do not view the emperor as a God but view him as a revered ancestor.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What about Huron blackhearts chapter (astral claws iirc) and the others that were with him during the badab war. I know he is in the CSM codex but you could get some inspiration from that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts