Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Is this good?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, ive been an eldar player for half a year (lost many a time) and have found out how to use harlequins well.

get a full squad with harlequins, a shadow seer and a troupe master.
Give them all a harlequins kiss and a 2 fusion pistols.

now that you have 10 harlequins its game time.

deploy you clowns as far into the game as possible but in cover.
now all you do is run and fleet from cover to cover (you have flip-belts to go thru terrain without rolling) keeping out of enemy fire.

when you get within 12 inches of an enemy squad THAT IS NOT NEXT TO ANOTHER ONE THAT COULD HELP THEM, you move your full 6 inches and shoot the hell out of these guys. then when you have finished that, assault them.

you would most likely attack first, seeing as you're I6. now you roll all your 31 attacks in their face and rend the hell out of them with your 6s.
then with what you didnt kill with rendings just slice them up with normal wounds.

If this was against a 10-man tactical squad (SM) they would be dead right about now and they wouldnt get their attacks back because you striked first.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, lol.

ive watched people use them.

unless they really are smart and know how to play, they think 'guns'. They have guns, so lets use them to shoot.

not many people actually assault with them. They fail to realise they have 2 attacks each and 31 with an assault (with a full squad)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Er, in that case it doesn't sound like there are many people who know what they're doing in your gaming group.

They actually have 4 attacks each on the charge at I7 by the way due to Furious charge.

·
Registered
435 Posts
never shoot with harlies... a smart opponent will take all the casulties from the ones nearest to your clowns and likely leave you high and dry if you're 5"-6" away...

cheers!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep don't shoot with harlies! (Dave! :wink: ) most of time your going to wanting to fleet the pixies unless you have a Death Jester on hand to pick on fast multi-shot vehicles likk Vipers and speeders (Harlie Death!)
And you Just can't charge them forward, any army with a rapid respones unit of any kind can make mincmeat out of them, 6 loaded up In a tricked Falcon usually does the Job.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yes, the Death Jester! Arguably the nicest harli mini, but also sadly the one that will almost never be used!

Shooty harlies are up there with close combat tau! Funny idea, dont expect to see it much! lol

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I advocate shooting with harlies. They are a great counter attack unit. As an assaulting unit they are just too slow & vunerable, bolter bait you might say.

Death jester for light vehicle killing & troop pinning goodness.

D'oh! Just read Longbeards post :oops:

·
Banned
801 Posts
bloodhound said:
Hey, ive been an eldar player for half a year (lost many a time) and have found out how to use harlequins well.

get a full squad with harlequins, a shadow seer and a troupe master.
Give them all a harlequins kiss and a 2 fusion pistols.

now that you have 10 harlequins its game time.

deploy you clowns as far into the game as possible but in cover.
now all you do is run and fleet from cover to cover (you have flip-belts to go thru terrain without rolling) keeping out of enemy fire.

when you get within 12 inches of an enemy squad THAT IS NOT NEXT TO ANOTHER ONE THAT COULD HELP THEM, you move your full 6 inches and shoot the hell out of these guys. then when you have finished that, assault them.

you would most likely attack first, seeing as you're I6. now you roll all your 31 attacks in their face and rend the hell out of them with your 6s.
then with what you didnt kill with rendings just slice them up with normal wounds.

If this was against a 10-man tactical squad (SM) they would be dead right about now and they wouldnt get their attacks back because you striked first.
I'm not sure a glorified ZERG RUSH KEKEKE really slips under the umbrella of 'tactics'.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Oh jeez, that was funny, uber. :D

@ bloodhound, i like you, i like your thoughts. However, this was kind of an ..odd thing to post.

Harlies assaulting? Pffft!

Harlies are meant to assualt, thats why they have good assault stats and a bunch of cool assualt shit. :lol:

·
Registered
318 Posts
not many people actually assault with them
These people haven't invented fire yet I'm guessing?

I'm trying not to be sarcastic Bloodhound, you are being honest and just offering advice..but- Tornados are good, assault with Harlies, have power fists in SM squads, these things are pretty basic.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh, a follow up as I haven't played with eldar yet, and just perused the special rules. Can you break off close combat during your opponents turn for the hit and run rule?

Thanks,
-Swind

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Firstly... this is the kind of thing that justifies GW choosing 40k to be the game they dumb down so six year olds can play it.

Secondly, you can break off during your opponent's turn with Hit And Run, so you can leap out and then charge right back in (or engage another unit altogether if you need to.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sons, firstly thank you for answering my hit and run question. Secondly, I was going to go on a big diatribe about your passive aggressive jibe at me, but I decided it's not worth it and I will just delete my posts and not post here anymore if that is the attitude I am going to come across.

-Swind out

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think? son of horus was referring to the original post rather than yours SensaiSwindler.
I think bloodhound and his gaming group are less experienced than many of our other users, and was just trying to help by sharing his views. To be fair i have seen a player using 3 harlie squads each with a death jester sitting there shooting with them and hoping to not get shot back due to viel of tears. Wasted Rending imo but there you go

1 - 20 of 26 Posts