Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I'm new to the war gaming world. I've always worked with models and have always wanted to get involved with war games. My son plays and got me into Warhammer 40k.

I'm in the process of learning the game and building my army and must say, it's quite addictive.

Looking forward to learning lots from all you veterans!

Dusty

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard! :good:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you serve the true Emperor or are you a heretic?

:grin:

Well, I am just a newbie I'm afraid.
My son just bought the game and gave me one of the sets of armies (Dark Angels).
I won't have the rule book and codex until later this week.
That is one of the reasons I joined this forum is to start learning..

But I believe that since my army is a support army for the Space Marines that I would also serve the Emperor. Although from what I've read so far in my travels, in the past the Dark Angels were somewhat heretic..

Welcome aboard! :good:
Thank you.. :)
welcome to the forum, what army you playing :p?
Thank you.. Dark Angels

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
But I believe that since my army is a support army for the Space Marines that I would also serve the Emperor. Although from what I've read so far in my travels, in the past the Dark Angels were somewhat heretic..
Welcome Brother...

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
WElcome to Da Boards even if you is a stinkin beakie welcome da chance to stomp on ya. Weez orks can never have enough beakies to fight.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
WElcome to Da Boards even if you is a stinkin beakie welcome da chance to stomp on ya. Weez orks can never have enough beakies to fight.
live ta fite, fite ta live!!

Also welcome to the forum.
I prefer to think of the Dark angels not so much as being a support army of the space marines but being a different flavour of marine. You'll hear the term "vanilla" codex or "vanilla" marines thrown around online, that tends to refer to armies like ultramarines which uses the codex space marines book.
Dark angels, blood angels, space wolves, grey knights are all space marines but fight in a style that is different from your basic marines so they get their own rulebooks. They're more like the knickerbockerglory of marines.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts

·
8,723 Posts

·
3,351 Posts
@Tawa ah, I see.
In that case I think the Dark Angels are the emo (mysterious!) knickerbocker glories of space marine chapters.

·
8,723 Posts
That's one way to describe them...... :laugh:

·
8,723 Posts
What, what is this.... this heresy.....

*cracks a hint of a smile*

I..... AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

·
3,351 Posts

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome Mate. Don't let the fanboy stuff and multiple pics of unicorns put you off. It seems like your thread has been hijacked a bit. If there's anything you actually want to know just ask, you will find that there are plenty of people willing to help.
Your Dark Angles are Space Marines not just support for them. Space Marine are divided into 100's of individual autonomous Chapters (1000 Marines) of which the Dark Angles. Each chapter has its own traditions and style of battle.

·
8,723 Posts
Welcome Mate. Don't let the fanboy stuff and multiple pics of unicorns put you off. It seems like your thread has been hijacked a bit. If there's anything you actually want to know just ask, you will find that there are plenty of people willing to help.
Wandering thread content tends to happen a lot :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts