Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,216 Posts
There's many Chapters that view the Emperor as a God. I don't know why the Word Bearers would go out their way to find the Black Templars and "educate" them.

Plus it's not like the Black Templars have a traditional fortress monastery. There's no real Black Templar homeworld they can take.

The Black Templars are scattered the breadth and width of the Imperium and beyond. Even cornering a single Crusade wouldn't avail to much. The Black Templars are simply too spread out and too isolated from each other to really change their orgainization.

And I'm not sure how a pre-heresy Word Bearer could ever be misconstrued as a Black Templar. Pre-heresy, the Word Bearers wore gray armor and lacked the Black Templar tabard as well.

· Registered
2,216 Posts
In The Emperor's Gift, Hyperion mentions that Chapters worshiping the Emperor as a god are "rare"--which would imply there has been more than one.

This is in response to one of the Red Hunters' Astartes saying "God-Emperor".

Guessing who has more access to Astartes' records, Hyperion, a Grey-Knight stationed on Titan, or the Ecclesiarchical representative...I'm putting my money on Hyperion.

And I wouldn't put the Black Templar's religious worship anywhere near the Word Bearers' pre-heresy.

In Helsreach, a sister of battle tries to find some common ground with a Reclusiarch as fellow warriors for the Ecclesiarchy. Here are his thoughts:

"Ah. She seeks common ground. Good luck to her in this doomed endeavour. She is a warrior of the Imperial Creed, and an officer in the Church of the God-Emperor.

I am not."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.