Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that came up in my last game: hydra autocannons have the skyfire rule but don't have intercept... so they can only hit non-flyers on a 6.

Is that right or did I miss something? Personally I thought they had intercept but I can't see anything that gives them that USR...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Something that came up in my last game: hydra autocannons have the skyfire rule but don't have intercept... so they can only hit non-flyers on a 6.

Is that right or did I miss something? Personally I thought they had intercept but I can't see anything that gives them that USR...
is the hydra autocannon taken on the heldrake? if it is, as its a flyer he can choose if he has skyfire or not on a turn to turn basis, that under the flyer section of the brb under special rules.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Personally I thought they had intercept but I can't see anything that gives them that USR...
They do not have intercept but do nt let that fool you, with sky fire they can also hit skimmers so basically all Necron, DE and Eldar vehicles are good targets, also skimmers and flyers cannot have jink saves (even bikes do not benefit from jink saves)...

for the price they are, they do the job very well...I some times add camo netting behind an aegis defence line and they are pretty survivable (3+ save).

I rarely leave home without at least two...but then again, i play against a lot of skimmers...

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, hadn't seen that skimmers get hit with full BS too... at least that means they'll usually have some sort of target to hit.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
um no, its on the hydra...
ha ha ha sorry i misread i thought u said hades autocannon lol
overally the hydra cannons good ive seen it used well but can be left almost usless needing 6s to hit once flyers/skimmers are down , ive noticed them becoming seen more in a few tornnys ive played in, but luckly i run a tau army with no skimmers or flyers

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
They do not have intercept but do nt let that fool you, with sky fire they can also hit skimmers so basically all Necron, DE and Eldar vehicles are good targets, also skimmers and flyers cannot have jink saves (even bikes do not benefit from jink saves)...
is that a special rule for them ignoring jinx saves??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts