CSM Primary

Huron Blackheart 160 (berserkers)
Kharn the Betrayer 160 (cultists)
35 Cultists, 3 Flamers 165
10 Berserkers, Power Sword, Meltabomb, Icon of Wrath 235
Heldrakes, Baleflamer 170 (reserves)
Heldrakes, Baleflamer 170 (reserves)

Daemon Allies

Slaanesh Herald, Locus of Beguilement, Exalted Reward (Grimoire), Lvl1, Steed145
20 Chaos Furies, Mark of Slaanesh 165
15 Daemonettes, Alluress, Rapturous Standard 160
15 Daemonettes, Alluress, Rapturous Standard 160
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh, Baleful Torrent 170

Pretty simple ... Huron gives his bonus to himself and to Kharne. They can then join their units and do what they do best. The Slaanesh Herald can either outflank or just move forward quickly. The squad has grimoire, fearless, decent inv., beguilement and rending with the extra move. It will be attacking turn two. The soul Grinder can move forward quickly as well. I'll decide based on my opponent if i want to DS my daemonettes. They do not need a herald babysitting them.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Honestly, I say Infiltrate those Daemonettes for a sure T2 charge against any enemy.

I would personally rather take a juggerlord with SoC and AoBF than Kharn: +1W, +1T, +1 to invuln save, faster, only a few points more, and comparable assault statistics (swapping 1s to hit killing foes for 1 to wound self on AoBF, 2+ to hit for +D6 attacks, etc).

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Kharn's is excellent when apired with Huron's trait. He has seven attacks on the charge hits on 2's wounds on 2's. He also has armorbane for vehicles. So taking a juggy lord is not really better. Seeing how Kharn can infitrate anyway with the cultists I see him a the better choice. The cultist champion can take challenges for Kharn.

I will have turn two charges on the enemy if I want them anyway. Even the Daemonetttes could get there for a turn two charge with the +d3 and fleet. Furies will definitely get there turn two. I see no problem with two infiltrating troops getting a fast start. Why would I leave my berserkers back and Khrn which are the slowest two elements in the list?

·
Registered
632 Posts
It will not work, you have to use two of your potential three infiltrate rolls just to get Kharn and the Cultists to infiltrate. Characters can no longer confer infiltrate to a non infiltrating unit due to being deployed last. You can still outflank however as reserve are left off the board so the IC can join them.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It will not work, you have to use two of your potential three infiltrate rolls just to get Kharn and the Cultists to infiltrate. Characters can no longer confer infiltrate to a non infiltrating unit due to being deployed last. You can still outflank however as reserve are left off the board so the IC can join them.
I'd be curious to see if this is inescapably true.

Those furies are really cheap but don't accomplish anything you can't already do better, they're like a generalist between cultist, daemonettes, and flesh hounds. Really fragile but really cheap. And with only one attack each, even if they get the charge(Which they probably will) 2 s4 rending attacks at ws3 isn't scary to other blobs, and the second they dont kill something in the first round of combat, they're going to have a real bad day, herald/grimoire or not. I'd suggest dropping them for more daemonettes and maybe a large swarm of cultists. Cultists are a great Lord delivery system and he keeps them in line, no matter how many terrified tears come down.

With the two bigass blob squads with attached ics, the opponent has to chew through a ton of wounds to even slow them down, and they're effective at fearlessly scoring til they're utterly obliterated. Plus the sheer board control is staggering. You'd very easily own a good third of the board in sheer body count, not to mention charge range(Which would bring two very nasty ics to bear, which is bad news bears for generic infantry and tanks). This would be opposed to a very large, very fast...not especially hard hitting unit of non scoring furies. Just my 2 cents.

Disclaimer: I fucking hate furies. Lazy flying assholes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts