Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this: I want to take a unit of 8 rough riders but only have 5 of them with hunting lances.

I wanted to know what the general opinion was as the rules in the book seem a little dubious, either that or it is just the way that I am reading them?!?!

Any help?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'd say that you would have to give them all hunting lances. I can't really imagine only giving a certain humber of them them.

I'm not expert but my opinion would be its all or nothing

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what your saying but for me the problem comes when you look at the wording, it says something along the lines of any riders armed with a lasgun may replace it for one of the following special weapons blah blah...

But it also states that riders may replace their lasgun for a hunting lance for 3 pts each.

Therefore am I right to assume that if you took hunting lances does that mean that you cannot take any special weapons? As Im sure that I have seen people do that before

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hmm I agree with you on the wording, its crap to be honest.

As for the question of wether a model can have a lance and a special weapon. No as you have already replaced the Lasgun with something.

The wording says "The Sqaudron" - to me that means the unit - if they ment individual models they would probably have said "Models may be..."

Treat it like Grenades - you can't buy them for individuals you have to buy them for the squad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts