Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Hey, very nice! Am still keeping an eye on how it's progressing, and will really enjoy seeing the finished product!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey, very nice! Am still keeping an eye on how it's progressing, and will really enjoy seeing the finished product!
I took a break to do other things but I am back on it now. Here is the latest piece of work being modelled by Revilo44. Its The first part of his ranger costume.

It fits his head perfectly, but due to the hollow point it slides down and needs something to fill the cone area once it has been completed.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
These things are heavy enough even without filling the spaces! I'd suggest some kind of strap arrangement instead of filling the conical space with anything (which will also cause a lot of sweating). It'll be a little more fiddly to do, but in the long run it'll be much lighter and more comfortable when you wear it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Will this be normal or exarch fire dreagon

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have been doing other things and have neglected to progress the armour at all.

Fortunatly one of the things I have been doing is some work on learning how to hard surface model better. So I pulled thi thogether last night in about an hour.

I not 100% happy with the result, but it looks good enough I think. I have made a fold out (needs to be tidied up) and will build this and then make any adjustments. Then its onto the chest plate.

And it will be a normal Firedragon I think. The exarch's helmet looks far too complex.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally got around to completing the paper version of the above plate. Scaled really well as long as I loose some stomach fat :eek:

It is a smaller plate than the minature shows, but I could not move properly if it did go as low as it depicts. I need to make a lsight amendmant to the unfold as the very centre is extermly intricate and a single piece will nullify this.

Now I just need to build 2 of these in card.

Next design is the chestplate and also the full back piece.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts