Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my names Devin G, Im really new to this as in I just found out about the tabletop game yesterday. I have Dawn of war gold edition and have played that for a bit. Anyways I really ant to get started so I looked around on google and found this community. I live in Parkersburg ,West Virginia. Not a big gaming community around here that I know of, but these things tend to hide from you if you don't know where to look. My name RozeFaust Derives From Faust the German Alchemist, and Roze-Rose simple change. Rose is my Dads last name.
I often use RozeFaust or RoseFrost

I'm into comic books, art, sketching, writing, drawing etc etc etc.
Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars, Science Fiction, Cyber Punk, Steam Punk,
Space Comedies, Video Games, RTS, RPG, FPS, MMORPG, and such.

One thing I utterly Dislike is World of Warcraft, One things I'm drooling every day for is Starcraft 2.

:D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The game might seem a bit compicated at first but you will get the hang of it fairly fast

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, Iv got a couple of books now, local cheap book dealer has a box of tabletop gaming manuals and Dungeons and dragons manuals going for $2.50 apiece. so I took advantage of that when I found a couple of warhammer 40k books in their.

A lot of them look close to brand new. :D
Crazy people out their.

What is the newest version of the rule book?

And thanks for the welcomes :D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
hey man, whassup?
newest version of the rulebook is v4. have fun picking out an army; it can be as easy or as hard as you make it.

whereabouts in west virginia are ya? i'm currently in college in ohio, just about at the penna border. i'm constantly checking for anyplace that sells 40k within 6 hours of me :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey there. I'm on par in the newbie level as you are. I bought some space marines, but then I decided I like the new orks, since they are coming out with a new codex, so yeah. In fact, I just preordered the new codex! Welcome to the site!

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/default.htm is a good site to get started on, has a full list of 40k stuff, tactics, how to paint, etc, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi and welcome. im a 4 year "veteran" haha i like that word nah just a player. the best thing to do is decide your army. and dont worry so much about the rules... dont think im saying ignore them but find a gamesworkshop near you or even a local hobby store thats into 40k. play games and then once you catch on the basics read the advanced rules. enjoy and always remeber.... chaos comes for you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh, yeah, and another good piece of advice is to pick an army you like the look of, since you'll be using that army a lot!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hey dude

Welcome to Heresy. Great to have you with us. Any thoughts yet on which army your going to go with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts