Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Eldar codex we are able to bring along a squad of Warlocks as a HQ choice that does not use up a slot after taking a Farseer....or at least that is how it used to be.
Now we don't have to take another option in order to grab the Warlocks which are a HQ choice. My only question in regards to this is can the Warlocks themselves be chosen and be run as the sole HQ choice in the list since they themselves do not take up a slot or do I need a HQ choice that actually uses up one of the two standard slots available?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Short answer. No.

same goes for troop choices - to count they must use up your force organisation.

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think Imperial Guard has the same issue, we can take priests and techseers as HQ's but they dont count towards the mandatory HQ.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Forgeworld also has the Wraithseer, which does take up an HQ slot but can not be your only HQ... wh ich means it can never exist in an allied detachment.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
On the plus side - it goes for the same for any slot. So if there is an elites slot or something and there are no restriction on the unit - take as many as you want!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts