Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently if the blog is right then the Howling Griffons fight differenly to many other chapters.

"Here at Black Library, we have been responsible for the deaths of a lot of Imperial Fists. A lot of Imperial Fists. So when I say that today’s Space Marines: Angels of Death story is about a Space Marine dying, it would be fair to assume that he is an Imperial Fist. Fair, but wrong.

Duty’s End, the debut short story from Codex: Space Marines author Robin Cruddace in fact features a battle-brother of the Howling Griffons. We feel okay about killing him. Half his armour is yellow, after all… Tomorrow, we look at a Space Marine, singular, as we get an insight into a Chapter who wage war in a very different way to many of their fellows."

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/only-in-death.html

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldn't be surprise by that like the iron snakes they don't fully favor the codex like that in such light like there parent chapter

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Interesting that BL is taking on a chapter that FW were using. Don't think this happens that often with the smaller chapters. I wonder if we will see any conflict between the two accounts.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
So I just read the short story.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just reread the blog, seems I must of misread it the first time around, it was talking about the next day's chapter rather than the Griffons themselves, which is in fact the Mentors. My bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts