Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys so just thought id throw my 1750 compeditive space wolf army up for C and C .

1750 - Space Wolfs.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Saga of the Bear, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Wolf Tail Talisman, Fenris Wolves X 2 - 265

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Saga of the Warrior, Frost Axe, Storm Shield, Runic Armor, Wolf Tail Talisman, Fenris Wolves X 2 - 280

HQ: Canis, Fenris Wolves X 2 - 205

Troops: Fenris Wolves X 15 - 120

Troops: Grey Hunters (10), Meltagun, Flamer, MoW, Rhino - 205pts

Heavy: Long Fangs (6), ML X 3, HB X 2 - 130pts

Heavy: Long Fangs (6), ML X 3, HB X 2 - 130pts

Pts: 1745

Farseer Dave.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Far to much points in HQ. ML have far more versitility than HB. Your GH units should have pack leaders, or at least have two meltas. And a TW based army with no actual TWC?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far to much points in HQ. ML have far more versitility than HB. Your GH units should have pack leaders, or at least have two meltas. And a TW based army with no actual TWC?
Why is cost an issue? Its effective thats all that matters the price is not relevant so long as the unit does its job.
standard set up is the 3 lords and all the puppys rush forward together as a 'd'eathstar'', with the rhino born squads mopping up the survivors.

the reason for 1 melta is simply becouse they are not primary anti-tank by any means , I think the flamer alows them to be that little bit more versatile.

Why should I have pack Leaders?

and I never said it was a tw based army , this army is based around my pimped out lords on their thunderwolfs . the thread is called ''howl of the thunderwolf'' becouse it sounds gd :)

Farseer Dave.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Competitve lists for wolves should have an even mix. Points is always an issue. On this I would suggest one lord with a RP. Duel melta allows for greater punch, those two shots can be invaluable. Pack leaders give you a cheap PF with increased Ld. You include competitive TWC builds in you can have up to ten of them without much change to the list other than droping the a lord and canis, who isn't worth his points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts