Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Paint Sheme for a Vulture Gunship Guard or Navy?

• Imperial Guard

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Imperial Navy

Votes: 6 40.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently making up a forgeworld Vulture Gunship for my brother and was working out if i should paint it in the parent Guard Colours or as a Navy support colour scheme?

If you had one which would you choose?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
As I understand it, the Vulture is a staple of the Imperial Navy. I'd keep it as such. It'll just add that much more character to the army.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What is it reason for being? If an aerial asset I would keep it's Navy colours. However if it is support for Drop Troops etc, I would lean more to a Guard colour scheme.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Well, in the intrest of one unit in your army being another color, I would say stick to the scheme if you're using it as fire support. If it's more of a display piece then an actual fight model, paint it Navy.

-Dirge

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Depends the nature of the Regiment. If its a Drop Regiment then go with the Parent colour scheme. Units like the Eyslians have Vultures seconded to them perminatly so they would be painted in the unit colours, insignia etc.

If its not a Drop Regiment then go with a Navy Colour Scheme but keep it within the nature of the camoflague of the regiment. Just make sure the unit insignia is differnt. The Navy generally paint their craft in camoflague suitable to the enviroment.

Or even better ask Werty himself ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts