Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now after a while of playing my Crimson Spartans i found that they don't really have any "tactics" to speak of really other than drop pods which really annoy me to paint and stick together let alone re-pair and carry to my local so i was looking as the white Scars as i have always loved the bikes. Howeve ri was wonder on how they can be best used. My idea was this.

Khan, Command Squad and bewtween 2-3 full untis on the field with 2 Tactial squads in rhinos outflanking. Then Thunder hammer Termintors and scouts in a Storm doing the same.
I was wondering on how this would work. Also what would be a good way of converting Khan on Moonkraken?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Not sure of anything, but on the subject of the Korssaro (?) conversion, I found this one...

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Extremely helpful. Thank you.

Anyway - don't outflank, until you can find a way. I've yet to find it useful in many a situation, other than against Tau Fish shields armies.

You can see my example list in the Space Marine lists section - (2500) Sons of Vazarchy. Basically, it relies on one of two parts of the army to hit hard, while the other 3 sections hold objectives and tie up/annoy squads.

Basically - Korsarro on Bike, Killy Command Squad
2x Tactical Squads in RBacks (can use Rhinos to get more bikes or a Melta ABike if you wish, I prefer the Heavy Weapons, personally)
3x5 Man Bike squads with Meltaguns+PFist
2x2 MM/HF Tornadoes
3x Nude Vindicators

The Vindicators are the usual hitting power of the army - the 600 point Bike Squad is nasty as fuck - it's got something like 25 Attacks at S5 and S9, 24" Meltas with 18" Effect thanks to the bikes, and a T4(5)/3+/3++/FNP to go with it. These bad boys can even give it to my pet hate, MoS Terminators in Daemonically Possessed Land Raiders (4 Melta Shots, followed up by I5 Power Weapon attacks, which can then jump out, then back in thanks to hit and run.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Sounds like a nice on Vaz :victory:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I never really liked kahn in my lists, so I run a regular captain with my scars as outflank is too unreliable and can cause your units to come piecemeal. Also combat tactics is nice to have in case you get into CC and you need an out.

Its all about concentrating your strikes on weak flanks, and being able to outmaneuver.

My list is similar to what Vas suggested.

Captain + shooty command squad (relentless is great with Plasma rifles)
2 full squads of bikers Melta Multi melta PF
2 vindis
2 Tacticals in Rhinos or RB
2 Typhoon LS
LSS MM with scouts and combimelta/ PF

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds good to have that many bikes. I think after what you have said i will stick with my Captain on bike with relic blade, A-armour and Digi weapons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts