Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up on them and they seemed dead killy as they can take jump packs which = 18 inch assault range + deep strike ability. They can take terminator options except the all important 2+ armour and 5 + invul but unless your fighting ap 1 2 weapons they have feel no pain! furious charge! meaning that they strike first against marines. They are only 70 points full upgraded with jump pack and thunder hammer which is pretty cheap for what they can do! the only down side is rage but from i think you deep strike em behind a drop pod or something to block los then next turn unleash them on the enemy. what do you think?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I run 8-10 of them with 2 Powerfists and everyone with Bolters. They're relentless which is great, they can move and fire thier bolters normally and they can Rapid Fire then Assualt making them very damaging. That is also a cheap unit which is ideal.

Try not to give them Jump packs, it makes them too exspensive and they'l uncontrollably fly into trees. You don't get a save against a Dangerous Terrain test.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but death company do get there feel no pain right? its not killing them outright just knocking them silly.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats silly and unfair but what if id deepstrike em in a pod to block line of sight they will just attack any gunline.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I run 10 with jump packs and either ten or five power weapons with Lemartes then watch them go, whatever these guys hit dies, without exception. (Bar veichles but my store is very infantry army based.

The Death Company can also take up a huge amount of fire without losing much, even when they die they dont concede a kill point! :p

@Aramoro: Remember you do get your FNP against Dangerous Terrain

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I believe its against something that doesn't normally allow a save but feel no pain can be taken for dangerous terrain running smack dab into a tree isn't going to keep a marine who is insane in the membrane down for long.

edit guess im wrong

edit again I just checked but come on its 1 in 6

"
....Neither can it be used against wounds from ap1 ap2 weapons, power weapons and any other wounds from which no armour save can ever be taken (like wounds from powerfists, dreadnought close combat weapons,rending weapons that role a 6,perils of the warp,failed dangerous terrain tests, ect).

·
Registered
948 Posts
FNP: A feel no pain save may be taken after a failed armour save unless the wound would cause instant death, is AP1 or 2 or ignores armour save in close combat.

Dangerous Terrain tests: Against Dangerous Terrain tests you may not take armour or cover saves, all other saves are allowed and since it is not close combat FNP is allowed.

CS

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
....Neither can it be used against wounds from ap1 ap2 weapons, power weapons and any other wounds from which no armour save can ever be taken (like wounds from powerfists, dreadnought close combat weapons,rending weapons that role a 6,perils of the warp,failed dangerous terrain tests, ect).
must i repeat myself.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I concede, I honestly did not know that, thanks :)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Thats why it's dangerous fo Death Company who can get dragged in and out of terrain, treating all terrain as dangerous for entering and leaving it.

Stick them in a Rhino or my preffered option, a Storm Raven.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does the vehicle gain rage or is the drive in full control of his senses (apart from the fact that he's driving a bunch of conkers marines around in a glorified taxi cab).

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so does it gain rage or not?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kk so I drive my coo-coo marines around and they just get out and smack down anything I fight. also there faster than terminators with powerfists due to furious charge.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
kk so I drive my coo-coo marines around and they just get out and smack down anything I fight. also there faster than terminators with powerfists due to furious charge.
Powerfists always strike at I 1, regardless of I bonuses from special rules, wargear, etc. They will strike at the same time as Terminators, so be wary of charging TH/SS types, because they get that Invulnerable save against yours, and you have 70 point, 1 wound, power-armor marines.

Not a fan of the cost, TBH.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah that Dangerous test is a nightmare to Death company. My buddy was playing against a blood angel player who had a 30 man death company with jump packs. Lets just say that that my buddy plays eldar and his night spinner had fun.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts