Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at running termies in my arrmy list for the higher point games. What is the best way to use Assault Terms as far as movement, group size, and supporting units?

·
Registered
720 Posts
For movement it is definitely a LR, preferably a LRC.

But attaching a terminator librarian with GoI and just transporting 11 terminators right in front of his favorite unit is awesome!! I did that to a kid at my flgs and his face was priceless. hahaha

But as for size, 5-6 usually does it.

And for support, I usually run a couple of auto-las preds, rifleman dreads, and speeders and it works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well, you give up your shooting and then move an extra d6, but can't assault that turn unless you also field Shrike...

Oh, wait. You meant, like, using them.

I'd use two LRs if you use any at all. One has too big a chance of not making it. At that point, however, you're looking at a ton of points which only works in bigger games.

Another option is Thunderbubble. You use Termi's to protect your midfield while shooting the crap out of people.

http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/2010/07/thunderbubble-sm-mech-wthss-bubble-wrap.html

It's basically Termis, meltabunkers and/or razorbacks (the example list is plaserbacks), a pair of riflemen and some speeders/preds to taste. If you took melta/hf speeders and meltabunkers you'd probably want to go with dakka preds instead, for the points savings and because you've got less vehicle woes.

But yeah... a protective layer of hammernators for your midfield presence is, imo, the best use of termis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts