Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. For my mech army plasma and melta vets are going to be almost standard for every list I make, and since I can't find any affordable plasma or melta arms, I was wondering how it might be possible to give my Guardsmen other weapons. I had this idea of using Kromlech plasma guns.

I was thinking the easiest way would be to cut the las rifle out of the standard Cadian arm but keep the rear stock and pistol grip in place, so I could cut of the replacement guns stock and grip and glue them where they should go. This is what I mean by cutting it out.

Will this work? And if not, what other options do I have? ForgeWorld makes a hostile environment Cadian conversion kit, but it's out of resin and I'd like to use the heads I bought from Pig Iron.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. The only part that might be a little weird would be where the model is holding the actual plasma gun. Mock it up with stickytac and see. Those are nice looking plasma guns as well they have a pre heresy or more industrial feel /look to them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I e-mailed the manufacturer about it but I'm still waiting for a response. I'd of course be using the left arm that is just an open palm to attach the gun to, and from just eyeballing it it doesn't look to too big of a difference. I liked the look of these guns mostly because they look like Games Workshop plasma guns, and I want my opponents to know exactly what each trooper is carrying so there isn't a lot of confusion. I either will cut that upper handle off entirely or cut it down so it looks like a pair of iron sights. For the meltas I'm using MaxMinis so called 'nuclear gun', again mostly because it looks close to the stock melta gun.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I can swear that that method works best.

Did the same thing for my guardsmen when I gave them Anvil sniper rifles, however, how much stock to leave flex's a bit based on which arm pair your using, at least I did not get a result as consistent as I think I should. You might have to do a little green stuffing, but not much if you get it right.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I can swear that that method works best.

Did the same thing for my guardsmen when I gave them Anvil sniper rifles, however, how much stock to leave flex's a bit based on which arm pair your using, at least I did not get a result as consistent as I think I should. You might have to do a little green stuffing, but not much if you get it right.
+1 to this. I've used this method for bolters on Cadians and with a little work it works out well.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I've used this method for stock-less weapons like shotguns and meltas/plasma guns swiped from Space Marine kits before. I'd mock it up first to see whether the lasrifle stock will look good with your replacement weapons.

Another option would be to use a similar approach with the Cadian flamer and grenade launcher arms. I've used both sets of arms to good effect with weapon swaps in the past.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well first I'd like to thank everyone for all the wonderful support they've given me, I do want to do this idea someday but right now I've ordered Games Workshop plasma guns and melta guns. I found a seller willing to give me free shipping on all of it and on top of that they're cheaper than other bits sellers.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts