Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Here's another example I like better because it has a swivel head which allows you to use a lot more force without hurting your hands.
The swivel head is a much better drill to use. It is best to drill into one piece glue in a small piece of metal paper clip and glue it in. Now you can put a little black paint on the end of it to mark the other side so you know where to drill the second hole. Once that is done add some glue to the other hole and a small amount of green stuff will make the joint even stronger once it dries.

Reactions: Moriouce

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I had to do that in the original chaos dragon model, Baudros. If you look in the lower left of the image there is a join between the lower body and upper body with very little support.

Here's the full model.

As you can see there's a LOT of pewter above that join.
Yeah this was the second metal model I put together and it was my introduction into pinning. I spent a lot time pinning that model.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
@Kreuger Yeah I had pinned the head and arm on a space marine captain so of course I was ready to tackle this monster model. Ah youth and over confidence. I think it took me like 2 weeks to pin and get this put together but almost 20 years later and 4 moves it is still together even after my daughter knocked it off a shelf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.